03/28/24 at 22:35:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pink Floyd (Read 9170 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Pink Floyd
08/04/16 at 15:46:40

Love them or hate them, but one thing is sure, they knew how to record their music.  The sonics are astonishing.

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Re: Pink Floyd
Reply #1 - 08/04/16 at 16:44:14

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 08/04/16 at 17:30:46

I've seen this.  I don't know how much of a fan I am for there music during this period.  I start at DSOTM.  It would be nice if they release something similar but for the latter years.

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/05/16 at 18:45:06

Mman, this to a Floyd purist is like, just awsesome.
Syd Barrett rides again !   Cool His slide guitars` sonics can be otherworldly.
Can be lol, they are.
Yes DSOFTM was a natural progression from Meddle, with the amazing `Echoes` side. And there`ll be live performance (s?).
A step back to Atom HM, not massive but still Floydy.
What a lot of fans will be wanting is stuff from Ummagumma and the early psychadelic meanderings.

I have a boot of `Alans psychadelic breakfast` where they ( or Alan? ) cook breakfast on stage. It`s v/gd and if they have that cleaned up etc.....

all the best
Syd

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/05/16 at 20:42:13

Syd, I'm a big fan of David Gilmour.  I can sense your enthusiasm for this release and I hope it is everything you want it to be.  I read about it and it sounds like the package contains some very interesting music.  I wonder if any of it will be released in pieces.

IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/05/16 at 23:40:12

Syd,
I think this is a little cheaper than the $700 in the article.
And maybe with Brexit it could get cheaper.  :)

https://www.burningshed.com/store/progressive/product/453/7841/

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #6 - 10/21/16 at 21:23:04

Interesting. As a PF fan since Ummagumma (spelling) I am much more interested in the Gilmore version. Saw PF at the Cow Palace in SF on the DSOTM/Wish You Were Here tour and it was amazing (considering the tech available at the time). Still listen to them and watch the videos. Just saw the Brit Floyd tour a few months ago and that band was AMAZING. Angela Cervantes totally ripped up The Great Gig in the Sky...standing ovation and tears of joy. Won't be dropping 700 buck on that package when I should be spending it on a new cartridge. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
monia
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 07/28/20 at 10:03:12

Pink Floyd forever!

IP Logged
Joseph60Dyson
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 01/14/21 at 14:00:42

This is the best music band for me, I can listen to them forever! Frankly speaking, I usually listen to this by my new speakers in order to get a good sound. Likewise, I think that everyone likes to have parties, especially during weekends. Accordingly, in this case I'm willing to share with you this magnificent source ( url: https://theguruchoice.com/speakers/best-party-speakers/ ) where you might find the best party speakers which you might use in order to listen to music. I really works quite perfectly, so I highly recommend you to visit this source and use it as soon as possible!

IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/09/21 at 14:21:18

I’ve been listening to them since the 70s and used a section of Atom Heart Mother as wedding music in '74. I just refreshed my library with a new copy of the 2018 release of Wish You Were Here and sat mesmerized by Rick Wright's keyboard textures along with David Gilmore's guitar musings. Their duet at the front end of the recording is just so very fine it’s hard to think of another example of innovative playing that compares.

IP Logged
Steve08226

Reply #10 - 01/08/22 at 04:58:51

Pink Floyd now on Qobuz in Hi-Res

IP Logged
chapsjon
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 01/24/22 at 02:57:12

I am a fan of DSOTM and later. As much as I think DSOTM is fantastic and radically changed what was considered marketable, Wish You Were Here is my favorite. I have the Japanese pressing and it is amazing! Love the Gilmore guitar work on side 1. I can't help but get immersed in the music.

LR:Mini Torii+Wright WPP100 phono, CSP2+SE84UFO, Pioneer Exclusive M4, Accuphase E-303,Graham Slee Jazz Club, Technics SL-1200MK3D Grace F-8 & Nagaoka MP-110, Yamaha NS-1000M, KEF Reference 101, Sony SS-5050
BR: SE84C+, ZP1 phono, Decware 945
JVC QL-7 Shure V15
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/09/22 at 06:03:58

Animals is hands down a masterpiece. DSOTM is second. If you haven’t heard the flaming lips cover DSOTM in its entirety, it is excellent. Check it out.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print