Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 15:37:42 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware Z kit 4 cd tube output stage question..... (Read 5693 times)
audiorado
Verified Member

Decware Z kit 4 cd tube output stage question.....
07/19/16 at 00:00:53

Hi Guys,
...Im new to this forum but want to ask some tube experts for help.Its been some years now that I buy the litle tube output stage for my cd player with Tda1305 dac and I was verry verry happy with this.I used the ecc82 GE JA5814 triple mica black plates and the sound was verry good.But now my question,I have now the cd player with CS4396 dac fron Cyrus loggic with balanced output,so is there any chance to conect L+/L- and R+/R- outputs from the dac to the tube output stage becouse the litle stage uses only one double triode(ecc82).If it is posibile how to conect the dac outputs to the tube?????The parts in the Decware tube output stage are the same like in Decware schematic under Diy products on Decware official site.
So I would be happy if there are some experts that could help me out.
Wink

IP Logged
Denizen
Verified Member

Re: Decware Z kit 4 cd tube output stage question.....
Reply #1 - 07/19/16 at 02:07:39

Sorry, but no, I don't see that happening. The Zkit is a dual triode and is using one half of the triode to buffer/amplify both halves of the signal on one channel the other half to buffer/amplify the other channel. If I understand your question though, I think there ways to achieve your goal. Does your amp have XLR inputs?

IP Logged
audiorado
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 07/19/16 at 08:04:28

Hi Denizen,
...thanks for your answer.Yes I tought myself there will be a problem with my idea.I must say I have see some schematic on the net where  the diy-ers have conect the balanced outputs from the dac to one double triode to convert balanced inputs to single ended output,but I dont know if this schematics are Ok and how this work.A yeras back when I buy te litle tube output stage I have conected this to Tda1305 dac chip Volume out outputs and thats worked from the first moment and the sound was verry good,But like I say in first post  my cd player is with CS4396 Dac chip and this Dac chip have balanced outputs and I would be happy to use the tube stage again in this player.To mention,I have see in net that some diy-ers have conected the balanced outputs this way that the R+ out signal going to grid from first triode and the R- out signla going thru some resistor to cathode from first triode and than the out signal is taken from anode from first triode??I dont know if this is right.I to dont know when the tube output stage was implemented in the Z200 Decware cd player if this cd player have also dac with balanced outputs or no??Or is there dac chip with single ended outputs??It verry litle to find for the Tascam cd200 on the net to see which dac chip is used in this unit.Or maybe is there some other way to buy one more pice PCB from Decware of Z kit output stage and than implemented one double triode per chanel??Would this be posibile?? Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Denizen
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 07/20/16 at 20:47:43

You can convert a balanced connector to an unbalanced one by shorting pin #3 to pin #1 on the XLR connector. You can do this directly or you can add a small value resistor, say a 100 ohms. Or experiment with different values this will allow you to use your tube stage.

Are there balanced tube stage schematics out there, probably, I cannot comment on a schematic I have not seen. Have you tried Epanarama.net
they have numerous audio schematics and links to other sites. Steve's ZTPre is a balanced pre-amp, and he may or may not publish the schematic for it. But, I'm sure youl find something.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print