03/29/24 at 05:51:47 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turntable isolation (Read 6814 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Turntable isolation
07/15/16 at 15:55:42

I bought an Auralex subdude II for my floorstanding speakers and it worked out so well that I went ahead and purchased this for the turntable.  Hopefully, it works out.  If anything, it looks good.

IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Re: Turntable isolation
Reply #1 - 10/22/17 at 21:59:58

I have heard amazing things in terms of isolation with the Symposium - Segue ISO : http://www.symposiumusa.com/segueiso.html

How well did the Auralex work out?

HR-1 + Torii Jr. + ZROCK2 + ZP3 + VPI Prime Scout + UberBUSS + TriodeWireLabs Seven/Ten Plus + ASC IsoThermal TubeTraps
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/23/17 at 01:21:48

Quote:

This platform has all of the components that my homemade isolators use that I have under my TT and other equipment, including speakers, except that mine don't use the springs directly as footers.  The springs bulk-filter audible range vibrations and the foam damps and cleans up vibrations that get through the springs.  That's my theory anyway.  Based on my experience, I would expect the Symposium would work quite well.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/23/17 at 21:26:44

Yes it looks like an effective piece of kit. My turntable is the only piece of equipment I dont sit on springs because it uses 3 large springs to isolate the sub chassis and dissipate any vibration.
My speakers sit on Sonic Designs damping feet, which were reccomended by Archie.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/24/17 at 00:18:56

I'm not sure that I recommended the Sonic Design feet but I do like their vibration charts in this link:  http://www.sonicdesign.se/sdfeet.html

The vibration would go both ways (say, TTs vs speakers) and they show why isolation is so important.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #5 - 10/24/17 at 06:06:25

Unfortunately, Sonic Design does not ship to the U.S. or Canada according to their website.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print