Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 06:26:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How well can you hear audio quality? (Read 2413 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

How well can you hear audio quality?
07/13/16 at 15:34:41

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Re: How well can you hear audio quality?
Reply #1 - 07/13/16 at 19:30:09

if you have ever read how mp3 compression works, you can easily hear the differences in the 3 samples of each song - by listening for what MP3 emphasizes/keeps.  
There is also "another" clue that will reveal which sample is the high rez version - before you ever hear the first note....!!!!  I won't reveal that here, as others may want to take the test.

MP3 relies on the same human phenomena/tendency that retail stores rely on to sell TV's and speakers... that being: "which one did you notice first or the most" - not necessarily the one that is the most "natural".

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Re: How well can you hear audio quality?
Reply #2 - 07/13/16 at 22:33:01

Some of the selected samples would be on my list of tracks not to use for sound quality.
Having said that, I got them all right using a Yamaha chip amp and Fostex FF85WK 3" drivers hooked to my computer's audio out.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print