Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 23:50:45 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
The next project after the last one (Read 35674 times)
Shomei’a
Verified Member

Re: The next project after the last one
Reply #300 - 09/05/22 at 14:10:47

https://ibb.co/n7xM8zy
https://ibb.co/BBfgQRN
https://ibb.co/9VBzhKS
https://ibb.co/BnPw1ZB

I finished my Lii driver project. Previously I posted that I was interested in building a version of “Big Betsy’s. I decided to go with Silver 10’s. I experimented with  a pair of “small Betsy’s) and this led to=me to consider building Lii Origin S-10’s. In the end, I decided to build a version of Leon Huijgen’s Open Baffle speakers with Silver 10’s and W-15’s. Here they are and yes, they sound wonderful. I am still experimenting with crossover (building my own), amplification, etc.

B3AAA08A-D3B2-4FE8-9313-538911500B2C.jpeg
  IP Logged
Shomei’a
Verified Member

Reply #301 - 09/05/22 at 14:12:28

I’ve posted more pictures and more explanation on the Lii audio FB forum.

7E86E9D6-ACDD-408C-9749-7A0A76C96BE8.jpeg
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #302 - 09/05/22 at 14:34:20

Beyond cool!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #303 - 09/05/22 at 16:04:12

Shomei, Those are so cool looking, I love it!

What cross over point did you use?

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | Add-Powr Sorcer x4 | Snake River Audio Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15|AF Treatment
  IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #304 - 09/05/22 at 17:05:00

Those are beautiful.

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #305 - 09/05/22 at 17:40:17

Those are very cool.  Have you tried them with no crossover just wired in parallel?

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #306 - 09/05/22 at 17:45:33

That W-15 dual voice coil really lends itself to fiddling about.

IP Logged
Shomei’a
Verified Member

Reply #307 - 09/05/22 at 18:32:52

I’ve started using crossovers from Lii; they kindly sent me their Liionidas crossovers for the cost of shipping. Really nice folks. I’m now building my own following the plans from Leon with better parts.  Have not yet tried bi-amping but plan to. Any suggestions about best ways to do this would be welcome.

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #308 - 09/05/22 at 19:17:31

cool hobby horse rocker, beauty reminds me of Adirondack shingle

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #309 - 09/06/22 at 01:43:36

I saw these on Facebook, and commented that these were as nice as I’ve seen. Once again, fine job and you should be very proud of these!

Best,

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #310 - 09/06/22 at 04:00:46

Those are beautiful, Shomei’a, and I bet they sound amazing, too. What kind of wood?

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #311 - 09/06/22 at 09:25:40

Nice job. Very striking appearance. How thick is the English Elm? Looks like you took good precautions of wood expansion and contraction.

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Shomei’a
Verified Member

Reply #312 - 09/09/22 at 03:19:12

Thanks everyone.  They are made from English ELm. A few bits of Sassafras for some structural parts.  You can learn more in my FB posts. I just finished building my crossovers; I hope to try them out tomorrow. I’m sure I will try bi-amping at some point too. The big woofers certainly love owner. I’m interested in seeing if I get some efficiency back afte switching to the new crossovers.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #313 - 09/11/22 at 05:48:37

Finally! Someone who didn't take a raw slab of wood, and cut it into a rectangle! Rather, you went With the wood and followed it. Turned out as it should.
I like that you mounted the drivers from the rear and then compensated with the roundover on the front. The one thing that I did notice however, is while the top driver wood mounts are cut inline with the grain (assuring that they won't break in half), the lower driver is supported by the same type of wood mounts, but cut Across the Grain. They are inherently weaker in this cut orientation.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #314 - 04/23/23 at 23:15:09

Just to share, I am toying with the idea of building a passive preamp. In fact, I have a lot of the needed parts in, starting with this dual mono type of volume control. Remember those? Quite a few manufacturers used these, but as time went on, less and less of them were seen. I still like the idea since it is easy to adjust balance and volume with one not upsetting the other.

dual_mono.jpg

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #315 - 04/28/23 at 02:57:56

Figured that I would give an update when I had more done on this project. Just a shot of it upside down so you can see what is inside. Still waiting on some parts.
To be sure, those gears are not plastic, but aluminum. And they operate in mono, so even the volume controls are separate from each other.

P4270004_001.JPG

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #316 - 04/30/23 at 04:39:39

Went a bit different direction and lost the extension. It doesn't shorten the signal path in this case. So I did a lot of heat shrink and soldering and will be continuing in this manner. Will deal with knobs after that.

P4290002.JPG

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #317 - 05/01/23 at 19:37:00

Wiring complete. Just getting the right knobs is the last step. These are way too big for the chassis.

P5010005.JPG

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #318 - 05/02/23 at 12:03:17

One last shot before I go on. I use these plates on top of some of my builds. I have here a choice of 3. Maybe you guys could help me choose. I do like the one on the bottom.

P5010001.JPG

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #319 - 05/02/23 at 14:15:57

I'm not much for plates, logos, adornments, etc.  I like a clean simple look myself, but did want to say nice job!  Cool project and very clean looking build.
I've been thinking of making a switch box but hesitant to add a device into the signal chain.  I don't switch sources very often.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #320 - 05/05/23 at 16:01:28

Thanks... Yah this has been a tongue in cheek thing for me. I did choose the copper plate though.

P5050001.JPG

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #321 - 06/23/23 at 18:20:45

I was bored so I made some speakers.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #322 - 06/23/23 at 18:36:55

Nice! I anticipated some red surfaces!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #323 - 06/23/23 at 19:14:48

I am tempted to get into the woodshop, but the rain has been nearly constant as opposed to what we are used to here. Cleaning out gutters on the house and shop, trying to get the lawn mowed and a few other chores are keeping me from fun for the time being.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #324 - 06/23/23 at 19:44:26

These speakers have crossovers, I have crossed over to the "Darkside".

I may have built several other pairs of speakers lately, but I didn't take too many pictures.

There were some oak ones that looked real nice, but I gave those away as I am apt to do.

No rain here at all for at least the last month. Dry dry dry, the grass is all brown and the crops are starting to show signs of distress.

Up next, a clone of these. https://www.blumensteinaudio.com/all-products/octopus-4-pcs-line-array-cable

He wants $6K for them, I can knock at least a zero off of that price.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #325 - 06/23/23 at 21:02:00

Donnie, what did you use for backing board of the crossovers?  I was lucky to have some scraps of Corian that worked well for me.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #326 - 06/23/23 at 21:24:23

4krow,

I cheated and used a kit, CSS Criton 1 TD with the upgraded crossovers.

The crossover "boards" are 3D printed with all of the locations of the parts identified on them.

On other projects I've used MDF and glued things into place and then soldered everything together.

The CSS speakers aren't very efficient, but sound really good.

I'm still using my ZKIT60 amp, so power isn't much of a problem.

This is what the crossover board looks like.

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #327 - 06/23/23 at 21:45:56

Nice! I see the caps match the color scheme!

Mofi StudioDeck, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #328 - 06/23/23 at 21:46:18

Just in case anyone is interested here are the few pictures I took of some little oak speakers I made.

First in test mode, before any sort of sanding or finishing. The only pictures that I have with the drivers installed.

Sanded.....

With some finish on it....

With "Tried and True" finish.

So that is some of the things I have done in my "Sabbatical"

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #329 - 06/23/23 at 21:51:34

You make that oak look pretty.

Glad to see you back posting!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #330 - 06/23/23 at 23:12:53

Nice speaker projects Donnie. Looks like you were keeping busy. They all look great 👍

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #331 - 06/24/23 at 11:46:22

"These speakers have crossovers, I have crossed over to the "Darkside"."

But you already are on the "Darkside" because of your solid state Zkit60.  So are you now on the "Darker" side?  Like blacker than black?

Good to have you back

Dan

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #332 - 06/24/23 at 14:41:33

So glad to see you back to posting Donnie!

Nice work, and I hope you to hear a lot more from you.

Best,

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #333 - 06/24/23 at 18:35:03

Nice work, as always, Donnie.
Glad to see you back around!

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #334 - 07/09/23 at 21:19:19

I am starting a little headphone project that uses a design by Pete Millett for the circuit. So far, this is a s far as I got, since the rest of the parts are on order, and there was plenty to do anyway. Drilling, milling, wiring and more have totaled 6 hours thus far.
 https://ibb.co/d4dvh40s
https://ibb.co/GQV7WdK
https://ibb.co/tJmHhBc

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #335 - 07/15/23 at 20:15:19

Let's see if I can get lucky and post some more images.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #336 - 07/22/23 at 21:02:47

Here are some action photos of my latest project, a 4" Dayton Audio full ranger with a passive radiator on the bottom.

Yesterday morning it was just a pile of oak boards.
Why oak do you ask?
Well it seems as if I live in a hardwood desert here in the middle of the cornfields of Illinois. So you use what you can get.

Some ill begot plans and improper tools

Fitting, gluing and clamping.

They were together by 4:00 and I listened to them all night, truthfully I just let them play overnight quietly until after I ate breakfast this morning.

I then took them back apart, rounded all of the corners with my router and sanded them smooth.

After that I had a time trying to decide how to finish them, should I stain them or just go with Tried and True oil.

So here they are just after oil, I could still put some stain on to make the grain pop a bit more, but They kinda look good after only one coat of the Tried and True.

What do all of you think?

These are just some small "Vacation speakers" to take along to my annual pilgrimage to Dauphin Island Alabama in October.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #337 - 07/22/23 at 21:58:47

Donnie, I really like that oak with the oil finish. I'd leave them like that.

I bet they will sound more than good, great for your planned use of them on vacay. Kudos!

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #338 - 07/22/23 at 22:17:31

NO STAIN!!

I love them the way they are. You and I both know you will add more oil and that will, as we both know, deepen the grain.

They are beautiful. ... and why oak? Because it's oak!
There, I ended the conversation!

I used to use oak as skid boards on my concert cabinets, because it was oak. Every board I cut into, I thought of how wonderful this would look as a speaker, but the business at hand was always urgent. I chewed up a lot of fine old oak that way.

Your way is better!

Do post a bit about how you tune your passives, please.
I believe that knowledge would help many who might just be tentatively seeking the courage for a DIY build.

Nice work!

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #339 - 07/23/23 at 01:23:51

Nice looking cabinets Donnie. How big of a passive radiator for the bottom? I bet they'll sound sweet.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #340 - 07/23/23 at 02:19:38

OK, a few more details.

This driver:
 https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-RS100-4-4-Reference-Full-Range-Driver...

This is the passive radiator:
 https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-DS115-PR-4-Designer-Series-Passive-Ra...

They are 12" tall, 5.5" wide and 7" deep with .750" thick walls.
I think they figured out to .13 cubic ft.

As far as tuning the radiator, they come with a screw and a washer.
You add weight and they go lower, but then they are slower, you pay for your choices.
So I started with just the screw. I'll listen and adjust, but I'm thinking that it is 'bout right already.

I know that the height of the radiator off of the stand/desk/ what have you, changes things.
But I haven't actually figured out the feet yet, so now they are sitting on .750" strips of scrap, well because I had those pieces right next to me when I finished.
Inspiration comes from the scrap pile around here.

So things are subject to change as I figure the foot thing out.

They sounded pretty good, not phenomenal when I played them last night. Fairly thin.
But when I took them into our laundry room to play them against another pair of tiny speakers that use the same drivers as Steve's Tiny Radials, well they cleaned those speakers clock.
They were both being driven by a El-Cheapo Lepai amplifier and the Vacation speakers rocked the laundry room!

So as of right now I'm just putting layers of Tried and True Varnish Oil on them.  https://www.triedandtruewoodfinish.com/products/varnish-oil/

I will continue putting it on every day until I get sick of doing it then I will wax it with bee's wax .

So that is my plan at this very moment, subject to changes as needed.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #341 - 07/29/23 at 23:31:30

Well I have been keeping myself off of the mean streets of Forsyth Illinois this week by finishing my "Vacation Speakers".

By mean streets I'm talking about roving bands of families riding around in golf carts visiting the lemonade stand that the kids down the street have set up.
Yeah, quaint upper middle class neighborhoods are filled with lawlessness such as unregistered places of business manned by underaged workers.  I'm sure ice cream trucks won't be far behind.

Anyway I spent the week slathering various concoctions on the sanded oak body of my project speakers.

Four, count em', four coats of Tried and True varnish oil that were buffed out with steel wool between each coat as prescribed in the instructions provided by the manufacture of said poultice.

I then put on four coats of Minwax Wipe on Poly, oil based, in a warm gloss finish. Sanding between coats with 600 grit, well because I thought that if I used 1000 grit it would just be silly.  
I didn't follow the directions provided because it said to use 220 grit and I didn't have any that rough.
I do have 3000 grit because the crib at work was throwing it out. I may or may not be the manager of the crib and allegedly control what is stored in there.

After the wipe on stuff I went for the kill with Bee's wax.
I've been milking the stingers of a secret "Honey Pot"  of bees for years to get my secret recipe of waxes and pollen for wood finishing. Or I might have ordered it from Amazon, my memory of such things isn't what it used to be.
Only two coats of the wax went on because it was 90 in my garage and sweat started running down my butt crack.

I then put in my binding posts, hooked up my wires and bolted everything into place.

They are playing right now, and no they are not as dynamic as my Troels Gravesen SBA-761's or my CSS Criton's and you know that my Open Baffles wipe the floor with them.....
But they serve a place in my line up as something portable that I can take to a beach house and listen to music while staring far out to the horizon while trying to regain some semblance of inner peace in my deeply warped psyche.

So after babbling on and on, here are some "after" pictures.

A little "P" car flexing while I'm at it!

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #342 - 07/29/23 at 23:46:09

Donnie,

Those speakers are beautiful. If they sound half as good as they look, you have done very well. Nice work.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #343 - 07/30/23 at 00:46:04

Thanks Tony!

They sound, by my best reckoning, 42.24% as good as they look.

They are not big time bass monsters, especially when cranked up.
There is only so much you can do with a small driver in a small box.

I just need to keep my eye on what the end use is, just something small enough to take on vacation to enjoy music while relaxing.

Though I haven't gave them any time to break in yet, so things may change for the better.
The passive radiator can also be tuned up, maybe for the better.

Obligatory action shot:

As you can see, I'm not short on speakers at this time.
There are even more scattered around my place.
It is a sickness.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #344 - 07/30/23 at 02:58:18

These certainly are pretty! Good work.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #345 - 08/11/23 at 22:43:58

Time is a funny thing in regards to speakers.

I've been playing my little "Vacation" speakers every day for the last few weeks and they have kinda grown on me.

Perhaps they have bloomed a bit, but the lack of slamming bass doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

There was a little more weight attached to the passive radiator, maybe that put some poop in the bottom end, hard saying for sure.

But these little devils are really intoxicating to listen to. There must be something to this single driver magic deal.

The speakers completely disappear into the music, sound just comes out of thin air.

So I guess that I have that going for me now.

Kind of like Carl Spackler who was told by the Dalai Lama that "When you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #346 - 09/16/23 at 02:14:57

And yet another entry into the "How many speakers can Donnie build" file.

This week's entry are a pair of 9" tall 4" wide solid maple with cheap Dayton Audio 3" drivers and passive radiators.

A co-worker requested them for his computer desk to listen to his church meetings and some music.
Who am I to turn down a Holy Man and receive the wrath of the entire Jehovah Witness sect.

So I knocked out a pair Last Friday night and started the finishing process last Saturday.

I have determined that I get my greatest joy in life out of sanding. I can sand for hours and hours, so these got sanded out to 600 grit, way overkill.

Anyway after a couple of coats of Tried and True Varnish Oil followed by a couple coats of wipe on poly for protection they were ready for assembly.

Big hands with missing digits have a hard time working in small boxes through even smaller holes. Luckily I have tools out the wazoo and while diminished from my prime, I still have skills to pay the bills.

So here is what I have wrought from a mighty maple tree and cheap ass plastic drivers.

Wood cut and dry fitted

Holes cut.

Finishing started

Fronts

Ass end

My coworker has a irrational hatred for Texas so we decorated his desk before he came in on the day that I delivered his speakers.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #347 - 09/16/23 at 09:32:57

What they say of Donnie: "The man has skills."

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #348 - 09/16/23 at 16:23:09

Quote:
Posted by: Lon      Posted on: Today at 01:32:57

What they say of Donnie: "The man has skills."

Seriously. Around the office I was what they call "a software guy" and I'm pretty much in awe of guys like Donnie who can make such beautiful, and functional, stuff.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #349 - 09/16/23 at 17:47:41

Agreed.
Donnie I love how the finish of the top and sides meet. Nice!

I really like the bare wood. I have been painting so much in my building, I just roll on "truck bark" we call it (roll it on thick and it has bumps in it, hardens to a strong MF coating, like the bed of a work truck) and slide it across the bar floor.

The maple is beautiful!

That funny Texas thing, I can tell you as someone born and raised there, there exists a reflexive property from some native Texans.
Couldn't you guys find a longhorn and a mesquite branch anywhere?
Grin

I'm guessing this guy will be very pleased with his little Daytons!
Outstanding!

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print