Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 19:15:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Cat's Meow (AKA a Zen Torii Mk IV Cover) (Read 6153 times)
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

The Cat's Meow (AKA a Zen Torii Mk IV Cover)
05/21/16 at 23:17:53

Wanted to share the pics of an amp cover I had made for the Torii Mk IV. We have a curious cat.  So we figured better safe than sorry.

Pic1.JPG

Decware ZMA w/ mods, Don Sachs Model 2 line stage, Decware: HR-1’s w/mods, Cambridge Audio CXN (V2), Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport, Ice Age Audio: Cryo Copper Power Cords, Better Cables: Silver Serpent Interconnect Cables, Maple Shade Double Helix V2+ Spkr Wire
  IP Logged
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Re: The Cat's Meow (AKA a Zen Torii Mk IV Cover)
Reply #1 - 05/21/16 at 23:19:12

Here's Two More

Pic2.JPG

Decware ZMA w/ mods, Don Sachs Model 2 line stage, Decware: HR-1’s w/mods, Cambridge Audio CXN (V2), Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport, Ice Age Audio: Cryo Copper Power Cords, Better Cables: Silver Serpent Interconnect Cables, Maple Shade Double Helix V2+ Spkr Wire
  IP Logged
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/21/16 at 23:22:10

Last one.  Custom made to my specs by jmkdisplays.com

Pic3.JPG

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #3 - 05/22/16 at 00:15:47

That is cool!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
DB2

Reply #4 - 05/22/16 at 01:37:00

Do you leave the cover on while listening to music?

IP Logged
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/22/16 at 01:58:59

DB2,
  Am I?  No.  I came back and modified my previous thoughts.  Could you?  Well yes.  However I wouldn't want to take the chance.  But.... just for grins I did try it briefly for another pic.  I saw some pics on another site with the amp on.  That does look cool.  

Not sure what the heat would do to the tubes long term with the cover on.   Can't imagine it would be good.  The cover is 1/4" plexiglass and notched out 1" in and 4" high in the back for the power cord, interconnects and speaker connects. So while some of the heat would dissipate, I wouldn't want to take the chance.

Jim

IP Logged
DB2

Reply #6 - 05/22/16 at 20:57:00

I was also thinking the cover would pick up more vibrations from the speakers -- not good for tubes.

IP Logged
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 05/22/16 at 22:22:56

DBC,

Using the amp with the cover was never a consideration when we ordered. The main idea was to protect the amp.  The cat doesn't go near the amp when it's on. He may or may not be interested when we aren't here.  We just didn't want to take a chance.  Guess it's peace of mind.  Plus it looks really good when the cover is on it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print