Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 03:52:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii with 96dB speakers? (Read 3919 times)
metropolis7
Seasoned Member

Torii with 96dB speakers?
05/19/16 at 23:52:33

Would a Torii be slight overkill for 95dB speakers? Or, to re-phrase, would an SE84 be ideal, rendering the Torii a bit unnecessary? I know the Torii will work, but would I actually realize benefits of it over the SE84 in this application?
I'm a functionality guy, so if I can do something with fewer tubes and fewer $$$, than that's what I want to do. I hope this question makes sense.

IP Logged
DBC
Seasoned Member

Re: Torii with 96dB speakers?
Reply #1 - 05/20/16 at 15:20:05

First off you need to know I'm biased toward's the SE84. Own two of them despite the fact I've been to Decware 5 times over the years and have heard all their amps. The Torii is a Great Amp as others will tell you.

I like the simplicity of the SE84 and the sound is hard to beat. At Decfest the Zen seems to be the standard to which all the larger amps are compared. I drive a pair of Omega 95db speakers to more than adequate levels (loud) in a 16' X 22' listening room.

Main System: Oppo BDP-105D, SE84UFO amp, Omega Super Alnico Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 15's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
Room #2: Oppo BDP-83SE, SE84CS amp, Omega Super 3i Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 12's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
DBC   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print