Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 03:04:21 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TORII JR VS. RACHAEL SE34I.5 (Read 15991 times)
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

TORII JR VS. RACHAEL SE34I.5
05/16/16 at 18:27:28

Anyone here have any first hand listening experiences to compare these two amps.
I have a Rachael now and just ordered a TORII JR.
Any feedback on just the TORII JR. is Also appreciated.
Thanks

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: TORII JR VS. RACHAEL SE34I.5
Reply #1 - 05/17/16 at 16:41:58

Sonic- No experience with both of them, but I have a Rachael and SE84CS+. Love the Rachael, listen to the lil' guy not so much anymore but don't seem to want to part with it. Please post your impressions after everything gets settled in. Love to be in your shoes then...happy listening. Chris

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/18/16 at 01:15:33

Sonic,
My TorII Jr. Has been getting played almost daily since I got it a couple months ago and although I've got nothing to compare it to I'm really digging it. I've been playing a lot of vinyl and I'm using a cheap solid state phono pre-amp. I finally got an email notification that my Zp3 I ordered is being tested so I'm hoping soon to add a whole new dimension to music listening when it arrives. I've heard nothing but great things about the Zp3 so I'm sure it will be a great upgrade. I can say that the TorII Jr. Has enough volume in my 16x18 room and quite a bit of detail and separation with the instruments and I continue to hear things I've never heard before which can be somewhat startling at times...lol
Rick

Audion Silver Night Special Edition 300b integrated, Zu Soul Superfly speakers, Acoustic Solid TT with Denon 103 MC cart, PS Audio NuWave phono, Zu Event MKII speaker cables with BU3 connectors.
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/04/16 at 14:02:33

Hello SonicSeeker,
I look forward to hearing your own comparison of these two amps, as they are two of the Decware amps of most interest to me.  

Brian

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #4 - 06/04/16 at 23:21:07

Brian

Will do.

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #5 - 07/25/16 at 17:52:35

Parts pulled.
Yeah.

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #6 - 08/05/16 at 20:27:20

On truck for delivery.
I am waiting by the door.
Cant wait.

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #7 - 08/06/16 at 15:15:21

So the TORII JR came last night.
I was nervous because the Rachael sounded so excellent, that I might be making a lateral move at best.I honestly did not think my set-up could sound any better than it did I just wanted a little more power on some recordings. Well to my surprise I was very wrong. The TORII JR. even just out of the box is absolutely amazing.
Everything is better, the bass, the mid range and the highs are fuller richer smoother, deeper and more realistic. I am completely blown away by the beauty of the music from this amp. This is not a slight to the Rachael I was very very happy with the sound from it also, it is an amazing amp, but the TORII on my system in my house to my ears is perfect. Oh and now I get to look forward to it sounding better and better as it breaks in as the Rachael did. Steve you are amazing, I am so glad I stumbled upon your website. I am so thankful after all these years of searching that I finally can just listen to the music the way I always new it should sound. Anyone on the fence for this amp, don't hesitate any longer it is amazing.
Another happy customer for life.
Thank you Steve for sharing your genius and love for music with us.

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/07/16 at 23:29:40

What speakers?

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #9 - 08/08/16 at 01:16:12

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #10 - 08/17/16 at 01:40:13

TORII JR has about 30 hours now and settling in nicely.
It has such a full smooth sound, very detailed and deep.
I am very happy.

IP Logged
reuben.ahmed
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 10/30/16 at 13:37:07

You are the only preson I've found with an opinion on the Rachael vs Torii Jr! I posted this in the other general subforum, but in general what can we expect to hear from a the SET (Rachael) vs SEP (Torii Jr) amp?

I wanted to experience teh SET magic but with Ray's Torii Jr for sale, I'd rather not wait the 3-4 months of a new amp. I think I'd rather have a SET (Rachael) though?

Reuben

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #12 - 10/30/16 at 19:57:16

Reuben
I would not hesitate to buy the Torii Jr. from what I have experienced with the two amps.
I heard no loss in going from the Rachael to the TORII Jr.
With my system I actually gained what I was hoping for which was a little more headroom, more body to the sound, and the beauty and magic of SET still seemed to be all there.
This is only my opinion and our audio pursuits are very personal, as it should be, based upon our preferences and experiences.

Scott

IP Logged
FullRangeMan
Verified Member

Reply #13 - 09/13/17 at 12:35:55

Dear Scott,
Thankyou for you have bought the TORII JR and take time to inform us the sonic results.
I appreciated and congratulations ))

I noted your OB speaker which is a very musical OB is a two way system w/impedance swing to 3.5 to 8ohm according the manufacturer site, I wonder if is not impedance friendly to a small amp as the Rachel.

The sensitivity also moderated:
SPL: 94-96db measured in a typical room
Anyway your impressions worth as valuable info on this hi esoteric field.
Regards

To whom more was given more will be required.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print