Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 04:27:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CSP3 paired with Zen SE84UFO2 (Read 4444 times)
JohnnyB

CSP3 paired with Zen SE84UFO2
04/29/16 at 14:37:25

OK, I currently have a CSP3 in front of a Dynaco Dynakit ST70 wth a Dynaco Design Driver board that does not have a volume control.  I will be procuring a SE84UFO2 that does have volume control.  My question is i will now have 3 different gain/volume controls between the CSPS and the UFO amp.  I have read and been told to turn the headphone calibration controls all the way up and the output line level controls about 1/2 way, then use the main volume to control listening level.  My question now is where do I place the volume on the UFO2 amp?  Do I keep the CSP3 settings where they are and set the amp volume to my liking?

Thanks, Tongue Tongue

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: CSP3 paired with Zen SE84UFO2
Reply #1 - 04/29/16 at 15:04:32

Play around with it, using the CSP2 settings you describe as the "control" positions at first, and play with your other two gain settings. You should get a good idea of what directions give the sound you like. You'll get different "sound" riding the gain. . .it may be subtle, it may be more than subtle. . . and you'll prefer one way or another for your system.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
JohnnyB

Re: CSP3 paired with Zen SE84UFO2
Reply #2 - 04/29/16 at 16:52:35

Thanks Lon, appreciate it!!!  Can't wait for it to arrive to see how it compares to my current amp.  I believe it will have plenty of juice to power my Omegas at a reasonable volume.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print