Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 04:56:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are You Experienced UK version (Read 4627 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Are You Experienced UK version
04/28/16 at 22:09:25

Does anyone know if this is available remastered on vinyl, 180 gram?  I have a USA release and I have a need to hear Red House.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Are You Experienced UK version
Reply #1 - 04/28/16 at 22:23:02

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/29/16 at 14:49:39

Thanks, Lon.  I knew you'd know where to find that.  I wonder why my search in Amazon never popped that up?

Anyway, I ordered the Blues compilation on vinyl from Amazon a day ago.  It has a version of Red House and I thought that would satiate my desire to hear it.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 04/29/16 at 15:08:43

The Blues compilation on vinyl is very good sounding. The version of Red House I first fell in love is on the Smash Hits LP, its first US appearance I believe. I also have that on a Barclay French LP. But there are many good versions of Red House. The one on the Blues LPs is, according to wikipedia "Red House" is the original (mono) take from the European version of Are You Experienced, but minus the outro chat (previously unavailable in US & Canada)." So this is what you would find on the UK Are You Experienced, you've done good.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print