Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Desktop Systems (Read 3795 times)
Noob007
Verified Member

Desktop Systems
03/27/16 at 02:52:37

Hello Everyone. I'm new to this, and looking for some help

I want to set up near field system to listen to at my desk. I'm going to run from my mac to a NAD D1050 DAC to my new SE84UFO amp.  I am looking for a set of speakers and was hoping on some advice from you guys.

The two that I was debating between where the Trapeziums and the Omega Super 3 desktops.  Does anyone have experience comparing these two directly?  I don't have a preamp, so I don't think I be able to add a sub. I listen to everything but mostly stream 70s rock like Yes and Pink Floyd from Tidal.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for helping me out!

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Re: Desktop Systems
Reply #1 - 03/27/16 at 03:35:23

You can add a sub using speaker level inputs.

IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #2 - 03/27/16 at 04:54:19

Hello I dont have that amp or omega desktop speakers, but I do have a torii MKIV and trapeziums speakers and ad pair of OMega outlaws that have the rs5 driver that can be run without subs.  Sorry I cant be more cirect comparison to what you are looking for but for whats its worth I find the trapeziums to have really nice bass and clarity and overall very musical I also find the omega without subs to be the same but just a tad thinner sounding and someone told me it was something to do with some midbass hump that omegas dont have being single driver.  They both image great and both are built by great craftsmen.  

Now my omegas love tube amp and I have a flea watt amp that I use back n forth between them and my traps sound really great with the flea watt and for my omegas I dont like it as much.  I hope this helps again sorry I could not give a better comparison to what you are looking for.  

Also I am using my imac streaming tidal and spotify thru either the ZDSD dac or an Audio GD Dac19 current verison.  Oh yeah I find the trapeziums to be a little more forgiving on playing spotify then the omegas.  With my omegas I can really tell the difference between spotify and tidal which for me sometimes is bad as I just stream music only.

IP Logged
Noob007
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 03/27/16 at 15:04:29

Thank you so much. That's super helpful. It seems like the traps are the way to go with my epic 2 watts of power.

IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #4 - 03/27/16 at 15:17:28

The trapeziums are great desktop speakers, I once had them for sale but then decided to pull the sale because I couldnt part with them.  I hope you enjoy them when you get them.  

Have a great day

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print