Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 02:53:10 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WA-Quantum chips on Torii amp? (Read 4679 times)
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

WA-Quantum chips on Torii amp?
03/25/16 at 20:14:47

Hi everyone,
I recently experimented with one of the WA-Quantum chips (~$9) on the fuse of my Torii MkIII, and was astonished with the improvement, especially based on the minimal cost.  I am wondering if anyone else on the forum has experimented with the WA-Quantum chips elsewhere on their Torii, especially on the transformers, and, if so, which transformers they "treated" and what they heard.
Thanks!
Chris

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: WA-Quantum chips on Torii amp?
Reply #1 - 03/25/16 at 21:42:15

I use clown tears myself. Unfortunately you have to kill 3 or 4 of them to get enough tears to make a amp sound better.
I'm going to experiment with Hobo tears, easier and cheaper to kill.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/26/16 at 22:56:13

Hey Chris.

I was getting a few things from Alfred at Highend-Electonics some years ago and having been intrigued by reports on the WA chips, I got one for a fuse also. I think on sale, it was no real cost so I decided to try it. I heard it too.

Retesting it a little today in my CSP3 with a HiFi Tuning Silver fuse, I heard: a little more space, depth, articulation...more revealing...just a little better at pulling out the subtler information...more like music. Here it is relatively subtle, but these subtleties add up giving a clearer window into the music, richer complexity, and making my room more the space of the recording.

Cool

Sorry though, I have not tried any more of the WA chips.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 03/30/16 at 17:31:00

Donnie,
 I am still laughing. You should however, be more exacting in just what sort of clowns or hobos that you are trying out. For example, the tears of Red Skeleton would be at the top whereas the any other clown would pale in comparison.

I too, look for just about anything that might help my system, but try to have a bit of skepticism for each trial. There are times that I do hear differences, but then have to discern whether those differences are useful or not. Given the low price of these chips, it is tempting to try them, but for now, I have enough irons in the fire, and can't imagine Rachel sounding any better (maybe different) than she does presently.

Hats off to anyone who discovers a tweak that works.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
DB2

Reply #4 - 03/30/16 at 22:27:43

"For example, the tears of Red Skeleton would be at the top whereas the any other clown would pale in comparison."

Would that be NOS?
Is there a market for used tears?

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #5 - 03/31/16 at 01:12:58

My wife is a huge Emmit Kelly Jr. Fan. I'll have to see if there are any of his tears available.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print