Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 17:30:03 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Might just about be done! (Read 4912 times)
Hibuckhobby
Verified Member

Might just about be done!
03/18/16 at 14:54:09

After having owned a number of headphones and amps, I may be near the end of my search. I have two Decware units....a CSP2+ for high impedance cans and the Taboo II for the low impedance
ones. I changed the cable on my HD700's to a homebrew I made with Canare cable and it sounds wonderful with the CSP2+. So much so that I may sell my Crack and HD650's.

The taboo II with my LCD-2.2's is also excellent. After playing with some rectifiers, I have found a couple that have the sound I was after. I may just sell off my other phones and amps because these are the two I listen to now. The CSP2+ drives the Taboo beautifully...which in turn is moneywith the LCD-2.2's. May look for a cable for the Audeze cans, but that's about it. At least for now Smiley
Hibuck...

IP Logged
Hibuckhobby
Verified Member

Re: Might just about be done!
Reply #1 - 04/15/16 at 15:04:57

I was wrong!  First of all...changing the driver tube on the CSP2+ to a
NOS 6922 was much more than a subtle difference.  Secondly, I picked up a pair of Audioquest Nighthawk headphones for a price that was too good to pass on.  While I'm still breaking them in and getting the full measure of them, I will say this:  The DecWare gear is staying and my Bottlehead is going to go up on the block.
regards,
Hibuck...

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: Might just about be done!
Reply #2 - 04/30/16 at 22:46:56

It's a great feeling when you settle with something and are happy day in and day out. We love our ZMC>ZP3>Rachel>Omega on a daily basis. I was just given a set of Stax Lambda Professional Earspeakers and SRM-T1 tube amp by a audio buddy of mine and that has settled my personal listening search. Enjoy and Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print