04/25/24 at 08:10:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MG944 - lack of bass (Read 4208 times)
Reed
Verified Member

MG944 - lack of bass
02/27/16 at 14:23:59

I'm new to the Decware family, having just received a pair of MG944s. In both my dedicated music room [10' x 13.5' x 8'] and my two-channel home theatre room [13' x 16.5' x 8'] I've listened to the MG944s being driven by a 15w per channel 6L6 amp. The midbass through treble is very nice, but there is a lack of low bass being reproduced. I've tried the MG944s with and without spikes; there is no difference in the sound. I even drove these speakers with a 500w per channel solid state amp in the home theatre room with the same issue of lack of low bass. Driven with either amp, my Magnestand MMGs produced more bass. Any insight forum members can provide would be appreciated.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: MG944 - lack of bass
Reply #1 - 02/27/16 at 19:31:50

This will fix your problem.
https://www.decware.com/newsite/wo32.htm
My MG"s have plenty of bass for music, I don't do movies.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: MG944 - lack of bass
Reply #2 - 02/29/16 at 16:04:42

Reed,

Ive been lucky enough to have had both in my room, and I had the exact opposite results. Didn't matter what amp I used either.

Seeing as you must have bought them used, who knows what may have happened to them over the years. I haven't built them for at least three years now it think.

Back a few years before they were discontinued, I had a gentleman hear them at no less than two other houses and ordered a pair. When he received them he figured something was wrong with his speakers as he had no bass, nothing like he had heard at the two houses he visited. He later returned them, and as far as I know the only pair ever returned. When I got them back, they were perfect. They were just like all the rest.

The gentleman that ended up with them loved them and the bass. So I'm guessing here, if everything is as it should be with the speakers, then I would have to think the room.

I'd like to see which model you have, if you can email me a picture at zygi@decware.com, or text me a photo at 828-291-3238 I'll see if I can help.

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print