Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 09:25:11 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question about how to compare tubes in the Torii (Read 5041 times)
Andrew Bryant
Verified Member

Question about how to compare tubes in the Torii
02/23/16 at 14:46:45

I am a tube Newbie. I have had my Torii since January (used mkIV) and I am beginning to roll some tubes. Since the Torii is a dual Mono design is it possible for me to put different tubes on each side for A/B purposes. Example, input tubes or different rectifiers on each side. Switching the balance from left to right. Mono recordings would probably give me the best results, thinking Beach Boys and Beatles. This would be a good way to hear differences in different tubes . My music memory sucks as far a the small details. I know when Bass and Treble are clearer, more airy, deeper but maybe not faster etc. I figure this is a silly question, I don't think any damage would occur to the Amp but I wanted to ask before I did any damage.

Thanks for your time,
Andy

VPI Scout->ATA pp->
Hovland HP100->Torii mkIV
Neko DAC->
  IP Logged
Andrew Bryant
Verified Member

Re: Question about how to compare tubes in the Torii
Reply #1 - 02/23/16 at 14:50:56

I don't think I have a balance switch, hence dual mono (duh). I could just do it by taking the RCA out or is that a bad thing with the Amp powered up?

VPI Scout->ATA pp->
Hovland HP100->Torii mkIV
Neko DAC->
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Question about how to compare tubes in the Torii
Reply #2 - 02/25/16 at 00:49:32

A good way to do it is put the left channel in input A and the right channel in input B and then use the input selector switch to go between the two channels!

Steve  :)

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print