Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 06:32:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Greetings from Croatia (Read 5719 times)
MasterOfDisaster
Verified Member

Greetings from Croatia
01/04/16 at 21:19:47

Hi, My name is Ozren 37. y., my father infected me with music and hi-fi, and I have been building and experimenting with speaker since I was a kid. All of my projects were low budged, but i gained some knowledge, and now I am trying to build my first "serious" speakers based on JBL D 130 speakers. Most of my experiments were bass-reflex designs, and one open baffle. Now I would like to build back loaded horn and that's how my search for knowledge brought me here.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Greetings from Croatia
Reply #1 - 01/07/16 at 03:07:43

Hi Ozren,

Welcome to the forum!  If you have the space, I have had great success with D130 in our tweaked version of the Jensen Imperial Folded Horn that we sell plans for.  Here is a link to that support forum
https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?board=Imperial

WWW   IP Logged
MasterOfDisaster
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/07/16 at 13:12:48

Hi Steve,

Thank You for the welcome...
I am as we are "speaking"  :) working on cardboard enclosure of built in Jensen Imperial design, later model, which You tweaked, just to see how it will behave in my living room 4.5m x 5m with ceiling height of 3.40m.
I haven't yet read whole topic, but, as I understand, Your tweaked Imperial is for 2x15" speaker each, but I only have two D130, so I have to go for 1 x 15" per speaker, and that is already in original plans. Do You remember what was the setup when You experimented with D130?

After A LOT of negotiations and a few promises I convinced my WAF that we need those speakers in the house  ;D so, for all practical purposes I believe that I can say; I have a space for them  ;D

IP Logged
MasterOfDisaster
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/09/16 at 10:05:47

Steve,

I have done some homework; You have modified imerial design in two options;
1. Imperial horn loudspeaker (which is for 2 x 15. Can this design be used with 1 x 15, with speaker mounted in the middle of the speaker width I wonder...)
2. Imperial SO. (that design is for 1 x15, I guess that design is not good for D130 speaker)

In what design of that two you tried D 130, and can Decware Imperial horn speaker be adopted for only 1 x 15?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print