Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:12:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZSTAGE and "girlfriend analysis"... She nailed it! (Read 2882 times)
JimmyJet
Verified Member

ZSTAGE and "girlfriend analysis"... She nailed it!
12/29/15 at 16:21:00

So, my big rig of Decware arrived last week, Torii Mk IV, ZP3 w/ZMC1, and ZSTAGE. Christmas morning the girlfriend and I were spinning some Christmas vinyl while sipping our coffee, and I got up and flipped the "tube operating points" switch on the front of the ZSTAGE back and forth and asked my girlfriend, "how would you describe the difference between these two settings?" I would let her listen for a bit for each setting, then after about two auditionings on each setting, she very firmly popped out with, "well, one setting sounds like the signal is compressed, and the other setting is not compressed and has greater dynamics."  :o

If I weren't standing over the "big rig", I would have spit out my coffee, but instead, choked on it and saved my tubes from exploding! At any rate, I explained to her how she nailed it and how impressed I was! (Then she reminded me she had majored in audio production at Berkley back in the 80's - so, okay, a bit of an advantage there, but still impressive because she ended up working outside the music biz and usually doesn't speak so eloquently about my stereo, but the new DecWare gear has her attention...  :)

Torii Mk IV [beeswax, attenuator]

Klipsch KG4's [Crites' upgrades
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: ZSTAGE and "girlfriend analysis"... She nailed it!
Reply #1 - 12/29/15 at 16:34:43

Congrats JJ! Great listening ahead Wink

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 12/30/15 at 19:53:17

She's a keeper!

I need to get my Redhead interested - she really couldn't care less right now.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #3 - 12/30/15 at 22:02:15

LOL LR... pray she stays that way "uninterested".... the minute significant others become interested and/or start paying attention to our hobby, it usually leads to negative impact, as in "you spent how much $$ on that! - I think you're nucking futs".

Or in the case of my spousal unit  of 35 years, it leads to double expenditure, i.e. the grand compromise - I spend $3k on audio - she spends $3k on jewelry.. you now need double the $$ you're going to spend on audio to keep the Mrs. happy...... When momma ain't happy - ain't nobody happy....

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print