03/29/24 at 00:22:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Digital Upgrade (Read 2471 times)
RJR
Seasoned Member

Digital Upgrade
12/20/15 at 21:33:27

Looking for some thoughts, ideas or opinions regarding upgrading my digital system and getting a better eargasm.

I have a Squeezebox Classic > Channel Island VDA2 DAC.  Both of these components are several years old.

I'm looking at getting the new Schiit Multibit Bifrost to replace the Channel Island.  Just wondering if there would be a significant difference???

OR

Replace the Squeezebox with the Bluesound Node 2 or the Auralic Aries Mini and use their internal DACs.  A couple of the reviews on the Node have been favorable, but no reviews on the Aries Mini yet.

I do have a Q.  When I use the Squeezebox, does it just pass through the 0s and 1s and the external DAC takes over 100% or does the Squeezebox play a role, too?  Because if it does, then it may make sense to upgrade to the Aries or Node 2 and a new DAC in the future.

Thanks

IP Logged
Rich

Re: Digital Upgrade
Reply #1 - 12/22/15 at 00:59:38

I 'm using a Bluesound Vault ( built in CD ripper and hard drive) connected to a SE84UFO2 using the Vault's built in Dac. I'm using Audio Quest King Cobra interconnects.  IMHO, I think the vault ( or Node ) makes a great front end. I'm getting a great sound stage with very good detail and imaging.  

SE84UFO2, Schiit Bifrost Multibit Dac, diy Betsy baffles, Bluesound Vault music server
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print