Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 09:32:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dilemma Solved :) (Read 4324 times)
JazztoGo

Dilemma Solved :)
12/09/15 at 23:51:33

So my dilemma had been how to stream Tidal into my Zdsd.  Before I had been using my Ipod hooked up to a Ipure 20 dock then coax to the zdsd.  Well my ipure 20 broke and then I spent sometime trying to find a replacement and couldnt get something that I was looking for.  I even considered buying the Decware cd240 since it could play ipod but I had no use for another dac.  I gave it more thought and in the end I decided to buy a macbook air and bingo problem solved lol.  I now can hook the laptop to the zdsd and stream tidal from the macbook into the zdsd.  And bonus I have a laptop when I need it lol.  So that was my dilemma and the way i solved it lol.  Enjoy the holidays everyone

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Re: Dilemma Solved :)
Reply #1 - 12/11/15 at 07:53:04

Hey Jazz,

I'm curious as to how you are hooking your laptop up to the ZDSD since there is no USB input. Are you using Dragonfly, or ????

Thanks,
Randy

IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #2 - 12/11/15 at 08:01:48

I got a cheap spdif converter that has usb input and coax ouput.

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/12/15 at 08:41:19

Thanks, Jazz. I've been looking at this one:

http://www.amazon.com/M2Tech-HiFace-Hi-End-Interface-Evo-2/dp/B016X6MPL6%3FSubsc...

Pretty spendy, though.

IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #4 - 12/12/15 at 12:58:48

Yeah I have read good things about m2tech.  I have also used AUdio Gd sdpfi converter years ago with great results and have looked into getting their newest one or Anedio Spdif converter, I had that one for a while too and it was good though not cheap.  Wyred for sound also has a nice looking spdif converter.

IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #5 - 12/16/15 at 01:30:58

So go my macbook air 2014, form B&H Photo, who are just great to deal with, edition today and hooked it all up and its fantastic.  I get to stream tidal and anything else internet related and I now also have a laptop for the go when I need it.  I just run the laptop on battery and then charge it when I am not listening to music and I got a wyred for sound spdif converter on the way to replace my cheap 15 dollar one.  

So nice to be using the Zdsd again after having only my ipod plugged into my csp3--torMKIV,  nice improvement.  Love decware gear very good sounding stuff Smiley

Have a great holiday everyone.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print