04/18/24 at 12:13:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
csp3 jupiter caps (Read 5439 times)
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

csp3 jupiter caps
12/08/15 at 03:21:53

are jupiter caps a no brainer?  i bought my csp3 w/o them.  think i'll be keeping this little preamp for awhile (couldn't image not having it!) and thinking of upgrading it.

thoughts?

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Re: csp3 jupiter caps
Reply #1 - 12/12/15 at 14:17:11

jupiter caps?  anyone?

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/12/15 at 15:03:48

Trip, I have nothing to compare but my CSP3 and all my other gear has the Bee's Wax caps...Torii MK IV, Taboo MK III, ZP3, and Zen Signature Monoblocks. I'm very happy with the sound.

If you do a search you'll find a lot said about the differences in the past. There are many who upgraded who may share their impressions.  I think Lon converted one of his many CSPs to them.  He'll probably speak up soon.  Mark

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 12/12/15 at 17:55:20

Mark is right, I upgraded one of my CSP2+ preamps to include the Jupiter caps. After I had done the same with my Torii Mk III. It IS an improvement. I'm divided about the preamps themselves, in that I actually get a purer, more accurate sound without one in the system, but if I have one in it has beeswax caps (have one in for the moment because I like what it does to the ZP3, though don't prefer it with the DirectStream, and I have two I subsequently bought in my storage unit, one with and one without beeswax caps!)

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print