Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 05:45:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Other drivers for NFX? (Read 5152 times)
Mellemhjulet
Verified Member

Other drivers for NFX?
12/04/15 at 21:26:06

Is it possible to use other drivers for the NFX? I do have different vintage 8" og 9" inch "nearly" fullrange drivers which do sound fine in OB speakers, with a added tweeter and woofer, but I would like to have a more narrow speaker, which gives much of the OB sound, but without the need for a added woofer. I was thinking more of a 8/9" inch with a tweeter on a removable front plate. Part of it testing different drivers.

I really like the praise from the speakers page: "The result is simply the most non-congested sounding cabinet you've ever heard next to an open baffle." But is it true?

IP Logged
Mellemhjulet
Verified Member

Re: Other drivers for NFX?
Reply #1 - 12/06/15 at 16:56:56

Anyway, I bought the plans and will try it out someday.

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/20/15 at 06:37:48

Hello Mellemhjulet,
I hope someone who has this NFX speaker will see your post and reply.  I am not sure any of the forum members who built this speaker when it was introduced are still here.  Except Steve Deckert of course.  

This is the Decware speaker which is most appealing to me.  I look forward to hearing your report if you build a pair.  

I do not know to what extent it is successful with other 8 inch drivers.  I would guess it would work well. At least I do not see why not.  

Best wishes for your build, Brian

IP Logged
andersanden
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/07/16 at 15:52:12

Hej Mellemhjulet
I also have a set of plans for the NFX, and just purchased a table saw for that reason, mayby we can join our efforts!? I will probably buy the dfr8 drivers for the project . I live in Denmark as well (jęgerspris), please write if it is something you want to pursue.
Wkr Anders (anders@hjorth-hansen.com or 2987 0697)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print