03/28/24 at 20:06:12 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZDSD REVIEW (Read 9441 times)
i8on
Verified Member

ZDSD REVIEW
11/30/15 at 21:56:31

Let me put the bottom line on top: This player VASTLY outperforms the Rega Saturn cdp it replaces. It does this in 3 major ways: it has a much more ROBUST OUTPUT, it has much more and much better BASS and it has greater resolution.
With the Saturn, I had to turn my volume to 1-2 O'clock to get concert level (with distortion beyond that), with ZDSD I can get quality concert level even at 7-8 O'clock.
I used to have 2 Vandersteen subs with my full range speakers, but I had an intuition to remove them when I installed the ZDSD and BOY O BOY, the bass I get is deeply tuneful.
and as an added bonus, there is no doubt its resolution exceeds the Saturn!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Re: ZDSD REVIEW
Reply #1 - 12/22/15 at 16:41:07

I could not agree more i8!

I don't need my REL Sub either! My stunningly executed Transmission Lines in my Adagio's and the ZDSD...as you noted...is the real deal/deeply tuneful.  

Enjoy!

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #2 - 12/23/15 at 23:14:47

makes a person wonder what the box-stock Tascam unit sounds like doesn't it.....????

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
rodge827
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/01/16 at 21:25:35

Steve left the balanced and unbalanced outputs intact, so perhaps a comment or two about the sound difference?

Thanks

Chris

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 04/06/16 at 00:00:00

Typical problem with new posters who've just gotten some Decware gear...  They start listening to it and we never see them again Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Costas
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 08/07/16 at 05:32:40

That is quite true Steve...
They get drawn deep into that 3D soundstage!!!
Shocked

To Be or Not To Be! That's the question...
  IP Logged
Falconer
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 08/09/16 at 15:20:23

I should be receiving my ZDSD in a couple of weeks. I guess I need to start preparing myself to be drawn away from the forum for a while Wink

HDT Alt Tuning, ZMC1, ZDSD, ZSB, REL Subwoofer, Audio Electronic AE-3 Preamp, Audio Electronic PH-1 Phono Preamp, Audio Electronic SE-811 Amp, (2)Otari MX-5050Bii-2, Otari MTR-10, (2)Otari MTR-12, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Krystal MC cartridge
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print