Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 17:07:12 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to the Forums and Decware (Read 3015 times)
ChuckW
Verified Member

New to the Forums and Decware
11/24/15 at 23:18:27

Hello everyone. Chuck here and I'm about to dive into some Decware goodies.

I'm starting with some DM945 monitors. I have to ask why I see so many members using subwoofers in their rigs? Do the Decware speakers / Monitors not deliver the low response you guys are looking for?

Chuck

Decware DM945, VPI Prime #427, Dynavector DV-20x2, VPI SDS, Rogue Audio Stealth (Magnum), McIntosh C220, McIntosh MVP861, Sophia Electric 91-01 300B Mono-Blocks. Various cables.
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: New to the Forums and Decware
Reply #1 - 11/29/15 at 13:29:46

Welcome ChuckW

They are fine for general listening, but I think in the long run, you'll want deeper bass.  The monolith cabinets add bass and give you a more well rounded experience.  Others here have integrated subs well, so they may chime in.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
ChuckW
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 11/29/15 at 23:27:53

Thanks for the reply. I've used subs in the past, but I'm hoping to get away from them. After a long talk with Steve before my first Decware purchase we both decided the most I would need, if I actually need it, would be the Monolith base cabinets. I have a large inventory of speakers both new and vintage. However I wanted to try some high eff speakers with the 300B amps @ 9wpc.

Chuck

Decware DM945, VPI Prime #427, Dynavector DV-20x2, VPI SDS, Rogue Audio Stealth (Magnum), McIntosh C220, McIntosh MVP861, Sophia Electric 91-01 300B Mono-Blocks. Various cables.
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/24/16 at 01:14:14

Hello Chuck.
I am curious to hear how well you like the DM945 speaker with your 300B amp.
Is there anything to report?

Brian

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print