Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 06:31:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Audio Technica Headphones? (Read 8232 times)
Brian
Seasoned Member

Audio Technica Headphones?
10/29/15 at 02:42:27

I have been looking at this page http://www.audio-technica.com/cgi-bin/product_search/headphones/headphones_cat.p...
and wondering if there is anything here that forum users have familiarity with.

Model ATH-A2000X is especially appealing to me with it's description of "unmatched expressive power and incredible sonic detail". Also, with my limited experience of headphones, I have preferred closed back models.  In the few open and closed models of various brands I have used (all much less expensive than these) the tone was much more naturally balanced in the closed models.

IP Logged
doukhobar
Seasoned Member

Re: Audio Technica Headphones?
Reply #1 - 07/26/16 at 16:02:03

I am wondering the same thing myself. I've heard some Audio Technica cans prefer low impedance output from the amp. I think the Taboo III has this as an option. But how about the Taboo II with low impedance cans?

Torii Jr, Taboo III, Dennis Had Firebottle amp & LP2 pre, ERR speakers, Omega 3XRS, Omega Super Alnico XRS, Bryston BDP-1, Kora Hermes DAC, Pear Audio Robin Hood TT w/Cornet 1 tonearm & Hana SL cart, ZP3 Cryo Beeswax caps, Bob's Devices SUT, HD800, LCD2, Zenwave
  IP Logged
Rcrfq
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 07/05/17 at 20:00:46

I'm using ATH-W5000 Audiophile Closed-back Dynamic Wooden Headphones. It's very nice for quality sound.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 07/07/17 at 03:24:16

All Taboos have always been low impedance amplifiers capable of driving almost a dead short. That is why it was such a natural decision to repurpose the Taboo from what was originally a speaker amplifier into a headphone amplifier that can easily drive planar headphones.

WWW   IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/07/17 at 03:54:17

Thank you, Rcrfq, for the comment on the sound.  

Brian

IP Logged
DB2

Reply #5 - 07/20/17 at 01:46:17

I also have a pair of the ATH-W5000s. Very enjoyable (check out the 6moons review). However, by today's headphone standards (technology moves on) they don't have as much bass/punch. Also, because of their design, be sure to try a pair on your skull to see if it fits well.

IP Logged
mymusictrip
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 06/20/19 at 10:24:44

Thanks for post. and Audio Technica headphone ATH-M50x provides incredible voice quality and enjoyable now.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print