04/18/24 at 06:31:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sony6060F (Read 285 times)
Boxertwin
Verified Member

Sony6060F
10/27/15 at 23:38:59

A friend gave me a Sony 6060F that he hadn't used in years and was going to throw away. This receiver was the first year that Sony went solid state and they created it for the American market to compete with Mcintosh and Marantz. I plugged it up and hooked up my DNA,s to it and flipped it on. I was absolutely amazed at this little receiver! What a warm and beautiful sound it produced. At 40 watts per channel, Sony wanted to emulate the tube sound and I think they did a very good job. It blows away my Tandberg TR2075. I have not put it up against my Torii mk4 and csp2+ and don't expect it to be a fair comparison but I am just blown away by the sound....... Very lifelike and effortless with a solid, solid bass and great with the DNA's. It's not as sweet with my MG944's but still good. Anyone else ever had one?

Csp2+, Torii mkIV, TeacUD501, Thorens 145, Adcom GCD700, Decware DNA speakers, Cornscala speakers, MG944's
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: Sony6060F
Reply #1 - 10/28/15 at 16:00:45

No but I have read good things over the years about these vintage SS receivers.  Some still fetch a pretty good price.

My brother's Sansui receiver was my first experience in hifi back when I was in my teens.  Never got the sound of that amp and his DIY speakers out of my head.  I believe he still has both.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Kboe

God is in the Music.

Reply #2 - 10/29/15 at 19:59:51

I've heard a vintage sansui as amp with a pair of Audio Technica ATH-3000ANVs and it blew my mind how composed and sophisticated the sound was.  Truely one of my greatest audio memories.

NAD 516/316 - Klipsch speakers. Complete cable looks by belden, kimber, monoprice.
  IP Logged
Guillaume Bougard
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 11/04/15 at 20:59:37

Speaking of SS amps voiced like tu\be amps, I have this wonderful McIntosh 250 that is very very nice. Dont get me wrong. I like my decware and eico better, but that was a neat addition to my devices.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print