Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 22:23:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Mini Torii 2 ordered, but question... (Read 6232 times)
WLC11
Verified Member

New Mini Torii 2 ordered, but question...
10/12/15 at 23:19:50

Greetings forum members, I am new to the world of tube amps and I just ordered a Mini Torii with the new UFO transformer.  Admittedly, I think this  amp may exceeds my needs, but I was afraid that the 2 watt amp may not be sufficient . And besides, I'd prefer to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it when it comes to power. My conundrum is deciding if I should also include the headphone jack with the amp, since I still have time to add this to the order, or should I look for a separate HP amp. My space is limited, so the addition of the jack would be great with space saver. I plan to use Sennheiser HD600's with the new setup and I already have a pair of new (arrived last week) Omega 3XRS speakers.

Any suggestions? This is great community and after about a year of reading this and other forums, multiple conversations with Steve Deckert, and a false start with a system from Magnolias (BestBuy), I decided to make the purchase. Thanks for any input.

IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Re: New Mini Torii 2 ordered, but question...
Reply #1 - 10/22/15 at 08:20:02

First off, congrats with a very good amp! I ordered mine with the headphone option and found that to be smart. It's very good with my LCD 2.2 but I have no experience with others. You will/might hear some hum but not a problem when music is playing. I have one regret, and should have ordered the stepped attenuator.

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Re: New Mini Torii 2 ordered, but question...
Reply #2 - 10/23/15 at 01:17:36

Because you want to use Headphones, I would get the headphone jack on the Mini Torii, instead of buying a separate Headphone amplifier.

I hope you enjoy your time here at the forum, and especially I hope you enjoy the new amp.  It is a model I would like to have for myself.  

Brian

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print