Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 00:53:52 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Favorite closed cans for CSPs (actually a CSP2...) (Read 7568 times)
JimJ
Verified Member

Favorite closed cans for CSPs (actually a CSP2...)
08/23/15 at 19:32:54

Hey there!

I was just about to pull the trigger on some Beyer DT250s, but before I do, I was wondering what else out there I may be overlooking. I'm looking for a high-impedance pair that have to be closed, unfortunately Sad I think if I tried running a pair of HD600s in my office, they'd hang me by my own headphone cord...

What else have you guys liked for $500 and under? I've heard that Beyer is coming out with the DT1770, but I hear conflicting reports on whether it'll be flat enough in FR to make it worth the wait.

Thanks in advance!

IP Logged
JimJ
Verified Member

Re: Favorite closed cans for CSPs (actually a CSP2...)
Reply #1 - 08/23/15 at 21:04:09

Or in a related question, how low have you guys gone with an OTL amp and still enjoyed the sound? Is 50 ohms out of the question?

IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 08/23/15 at 21:49:09

I like my hd650's. Got them used for $200.
Also listen to my grade sr60i too... Not bad for the peanuts price.

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
JimJ
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 08/24/15 at 04:22:07

I work in an open office. Before I even consider HD600s/HD650s, I'd need to hear how much they'd be leaking at five feet away from me.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/24/15 at 11:40:31

You might want to consider in ear phones.  While I'm at work I often use Sennheiser ear buds with my laptop.  The SQ is surprisingly good.  I don't listen to music at work but do listen to CNBC or conferences. The in ear option also allows me to use one ear leaving the other out so I can hear others when they speak to me.  In ear phones have gotten very good.  Just a thought.

At home I enjoy Audeze LCD 2.2 headphones paired to a Taboo MK III.  They have an impedance of 70 ohms, I've never tried them with my CSP3. Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/24/15 at 12:06:56

sorry jim i missed the "closed can" part!
yeah those would NOT be good in office/airplane/bus...

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #6 - 08/24/15 at 13:38:39

For closed earbuds, I recommend the Sony MDR EX 1000.

It has been discontinued but is still available from EBay sellers.
I got mine from a Japanese Ebayer.

These are really phenomenal and can provide 5.1 sound for airplane movies.
I never leave home without it 😃

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print