04/19/24 at 22:38:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie experience (Read 3265 times)
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Newbie experience
07/21/15 at 22:06:49

I have had miy MT for 18 months now and  I am still surprised about how much joy this amplifier gives me. In September I got a pair of LCD 2.2 for my birthday and to be smart I immediately plugged them in to my MT and they stayed there. They have barely been unplugged since, and today I had a long listening session and for some reason I took the cans out and the lesson learned was, take out your headphones when not in use. Maybe not technically weird, but music from my speakers seemed totally different. I hadn't noticed since they have been plugged in 99% of time to secure good burn in and easy to just put them on when I wanted the headphone experience..

And today I learned that the head psycholist, where I work , ordered a Zen Select after he came by and heard my system playing. Go Drammen,  opting to be the decware enthusiasts city of Norway

IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Re: Newbie experience
Reply #1 - 07/22/15 at 11:27:08

Jorgen,

Believe it or not, my MininTorii came with the OC2 (input voltage regulators) defeating switch wired backwards, so all this time I've assumed those little tubes did not lid even if these were working, since the switch was in the "ON" position all the time.

Since I discovered this by accident not too long ago, the OC2's (switched in the opposite direction relative to the rest of the switches), are glowing! Sound differences are tangible indeed. My latest "MOD", for free!

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print