Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 09:20:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has anyone ever made a speaker driver? (Read 1818 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Has anyone ever made a speaker driver?
07/20/15 at 00:38:00

I'm thinking that I should be able to make my own drivers. The technology
Can't be that impossible.
Why shouldn't I be able to make some?
Anyone ever do it?
I have very advanced machining skills, just a lack of knowledge of what needs to be done.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Has anyone ever made a speaker driver?
Reply #1 - 07/26/15 at 23:55:45

Donnie,

I can only get you this close...back in the day SpeakerLab had a driver that could be assembled for a short time. Maybe no interest or something, but your right, it is a pretty simple device. The challenge would be with alignment of the voice coil and get the spider and surround attached evenly. At least, those are the things that come to mind. then the more complex principals of magnetic flux as it pertains to the magnet itself, cone material, voice coil type used. If it all works out, it would be scary as to what it sounds like. You can assemble two identical units and end up with two different sounding units. On the other hand, you can do very cool stuff like making the basket from a lathe process would be freaky. Imagine making a cone out of metal on the lathe. Yes, extremely thin! Or even designing a basket of your own. Yah, pretty great.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print