Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 05:42:27 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stealth Audio Indra IC (Read 1765 times)
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Stealth Audio Indra IC
07/12/15 at 16:52:46

I will be receiving the Stealth Audio Indra Version 8 RCA/1 meter (used) this Wednesday.

I make no apologies for owning some of the best cabling in the world....they do matter. Nor, do I ever get into pissing matches about them, as I look you in the eye and smile.

The Indra has an established 10 year track record for being excellent in only needing one (1 pair) of them from Source to Preamplifier or Direct from Source to Amplifier. As long as your downstream stuff is damn good (from CSP3: Kimber Select 1030 to Zen Mystery Amplifier to Kimber Select 3033 to modified Acoustic Adagio's ~ for me), I'm in good shape. The PS Audio P3 matters too.

For those interested......I will report back on them. After an intense next 30 days of evaluating them....will they stay -or- will I be trading them in for a full store credit (yes even used at less than half the original price - I have this option)?  

I have a pair of Ediswan's coming for my A12 & B12 positions of my ZMA. I will not introduce those in the System till much later.

I will pop back in on this thread, come Thursday or Friday...with initial impressions.

Listening Room:
Room Treatments from Michael Green & Home Brew

Sony as Transport (DVP-NS57P)/Sandwich weighted for Isolation
Illuminati D-60 Digital Coax IC

Decware ZDSD DAC / Recorder (@ -20 Ref Level @ 16/176.4)

Stealth Audio Indra version 8 IC RCA coming!

Kimber Select KS1030 IC RCA
Decware CSP3 w/Jupiter Caps (NOS/Platinum/Telefunken 6922/E88CC .....for Input Tube)
Kimber Select KS1030 IC RCA

Decware Torii Junior coming!

Decware Zen Mystery Amplifier (NOS/Platinum/Matsushita/National PCC88/7DJ8.....in A12 an B12 Input Tube positions)

***NOS/Platinum/Ediswan's CV2492/6922 pending in my A12 an B12 positions***
I finally ordered them...should have them in by next Tuesday or Wednesday... .

Kimber Select KS3033 Speaker Cable
Acoustic Zen Adagio - Black Pearl (Modified)

Acoustic Zen Adagio's x-over's Modified/Full Range with Mundorf MCap Supremes-single Cap to each Tweeter/4.5k cross
(Gutted: 3rd order Linkwitz/Riley's....with all crappy parts = gone)

XLO Pro Power Cords to CSP3 an ZMA
PS Audio P3 Power Plant / Pangea AC-9SE from wall to P3
(Transport, ZDSD an CSP3, Regenerated/120 ~ Multiwave off...ZMA on High Current Output)

Decware SE84CS (NOS Svetlana SV83's from 1980's-not the New Sensor knock-offs) ...when SE Pentodes run in Triode/Decware Style...needs to be in the System!

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Stealth Audio Indra IC
Reply #1 - 07/12/15 at 17:14:34

Wow, way outa my price range.

If you ever have a spare pair of high end XLR I could borrow, just for testing - keep me in mind! I'd love to see what real high end cables would do between the DS and ZMA.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #2 - 07/12/15 at 18:19:54

You need to hear high end cables/just the RCA thru the CSP3 in & out. You will be scratching your head saying: XLR what? Steve clearly stated you can match the weight and density (via CSP3)....most importantly the lower noise floor too...AND with premium cables like the KS1030 IC's in RCA vs. cheap XLR....you can.

Having said that: I'm getting the Cardas XLR adaptor's to run out of my balanced ZDSD to see if there is anything discernible.... . Even though I'm not balanced going into the CSP3 an ZMA. Plus, I will run the Indra direct (no CSP3), via both RCA with Steve's output stage and XLR to ZMA (via adaptor's). I probably should not even bother with the XLR, I don't need the few extra db it provides when using the CSP3/RCA.

Bottom line, if the Indra can't beat my WBT-0102Ag RCA Kimber Select KS1030 from Source to Preamp and Source to ZMA......I will trade them for the Auralic Vega.   All good - all good.
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/auralic-vega-digital-audio-processor-1/...
If I get the Vega it has a 100 stepped attenuator/PRE. So I would run that direct with CARDAS XLR adaptor's.

I will move my ZDSD downstairs (with CSP3) with either my ZMA or new Torii Junior. Or maybe the Auralic goes downstairs/driving direct to ZMA or T-Jr., with ERRx's?

Well, I'm getting ahead of myself-first things first.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #3 - 07/14/15 at 13:13:53

I've decided to hold off on the TJ (Torii Junior). Maybe, sometime late next year, I will go for movable ERRx's with a Junior downstairs.... .

I'm so pleased with my ZDSD to CSP3 to ZMA.....I'm continuing on my high end cable journey.

For those interested and can hear the difference as I, with Alchemy metallurgy........I will report back.

My used INDRA version 8 is coming!

Plus, I decided to buy the Auralic Vega! In these parts....the Vega kicks the piss out of the PS Audio DSD DAC!
The Cosmos spoke to me last night. I was channel surfing and on HBO, CONTACT (the Movie) was on. The transmission came from Vega. So, I had to get the Vega.

Makes sense right?!!!   Cool

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #4 - 07/15/15 at 15:03:14

Stealth Audio Indra Version 8 RCA/1 meter (used) ~~ out for delivery.

I should have her in the System: Source (ZDSD) to Preamp (CSP3).....by 1pm.

My pair of Ediswan's from Upscale came yesterday. They will have to wait. What an incredibly constructed Tube!  Can't wait to get those in my A12 an B12 of my ZMA!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #5 - 07/15/15 at 22:11:03

I borrowed the words below:

"The Stealth Audio Indras are truly neutral interconnects that, unlike others in the neutral camp, do no harm to the musical gestalt. They excel in the areas of dynamic freedom, treble extension and focused sound energy. In their unique ability to avoid the impurities imposed by the medium (electron flow) on a signal-carrying wire,

and in their chameleon-like adaptation to the source, the Indras help us transcend the awareness that we're listening to an audio system. There's no hype but plenty of liquidity".

Apparently this grain free material needs no break in! I'm 3 hours in on bliss........... . They work beautifully with my Kimber Select 1030 RCA and Kimber Select 3033.

Well, I'm going back to my Listening Room now.....just send in food and water. I will come out occasionally to use the bathroom and shower!

PS-I did not click the Submit button for purchase of the Auralic Vega. Steve's modified output stage ZDSD, is incredible for PCM!

Listening Room:
Room Treatments from Michael Green & Home Brew

Sony as Transport (DVP-NS57P)/Sandwich weighted for Isolation
Illuminati D-60 Digital Coax IC

Decware ZDSD DAC / Recorder (@ -20 Ref Level @ 16/176.4)

Stealth Audio Indra v8 RCA IC/1 meter
Decware CSP3 w/Jupiter Caps (NOS/Platinum/Telefunken 6922/E88CC .....for Input Tube)
WBT-0102Ag RCA Kimber Select KS1030

Decware Zen Mystery Amplifier (NOS/Platinum/Matsushita/National PCC88/7DJ8.....in A12 an B12 Input Tube positions)

***NOS/Platinum/Ediswan's CV2492/6922 pending in my A12 an B12 positions***

Kimber Select KS3033 Speaker Cable
Acoustic Zen Adagio - Black Pearl (Modified)

Acoustic Zen Adagio's x-over's Modified/Full Range with Mundorf MCap Supremes-single Cap to each Tweeter/4.5k cross
(Gutted: 3kHz/18dB/Octave, Linkwitz/Riley Crossovers....with all crappy parts = gone)

XLO Pro Power Cords to CSP3 an ZMA
PS Audio P3 Power Plant / Pangea AC-9SE from wall to P3
(Transport, ZDSD an CSP3, Regenerated/120 ~ Multiwave off...ZMA on High Current Output)

Decware SE84CS (NOS Svetlana SV83's from 1980's-not the New Sensor knock-offs) ...when SE Pentodes run in Triode/Decware Style...needs to be in the System!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #6 - 07/16/15 at 16:54:25

11 hours in on the Indra and no doubt it is an organic tonally balanced wonderful IC. However, it will take me another couple weeks to get a full handle on her (plus break in she might actually need).

I might however, prefer my all Kimber Select 1030's. The touch of sweetness in the highs and bass depth of the 1030's....with more atmosphere overall.......... . Then, one would say your 1030's are colored?  No, they are voiced. Their voicing is very conducive to Tube Amps...my Decware.

Both IC's share the Holographic soundstage, stellar imaging with tone & timbre. By comparison, if I put in my very good Kimber KCAG, Silver Streak or Hero... .  No contest, you can't wait to put the Select 1030's or Indra back in.

Time will tell over the next 3 weeks + I have. It will be a preference thing'.  8-) Cool
A good problem to have...this choice I must make... . If need be, I will exchange it for the Auralic Vega. It will cost me a few more bucks....but I will see if the Vega can beat my ZDSD for PCM.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
vyokyong
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 07/17/15 at 02:28:44

Hi Stone of Tone,

It is great that you have Stealth Indra V8 IC. This is commend from Audiogon forum.

Well i own the Indra for a long time and did not hear any interconect beter yet...
My Indra took some more than 1000 hours to sound really good at the moment i also own a Stealth Sakra and to me still the indra sounds beter but i am passioned and think that the Sakra maybe also need 1000 hour or more to sound best???

From Ertugrul  11-13-09

You may need more 200-300 hrs to hear real potential on Indra. However I bet that you will keep Indra IC. Please provide more review of Indra. And what price do you get? I may seek for Stealth Indra IC to try also. There is a lot great review of Stealth Indra.

Audio Note DAC3.1 Custom modded to 4.1, DIY Duelund wire RCA IC, Offramp 5 USB SPDIF converter, Mac Mini, Amarra Symphony player,
Zen Mystery Amp. MIT Oracle speaker wire, Avalon Eidolon Diamond speakers. Coincident Statement preamp, Martin Logan Depth subwoofer
  IP Logged
vyokyong
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 07/17/15 at 06:26:27

Now that I have had the Indra in the system for a few months, there is no way I would want to part with them. In my experience, the greatest components don’t sound like anything. They let you hear and feel the music, but not the cable, amp, or CD player. You may not realize how good a component is until you take it out of the system and replace it with something else. Every time I take the Indra out, I hear differences. The GC and PGS sound warmer and slightly compressed, the Cardas GR sounds a bit bright, MITs sound dark … Swap the Indra back in – the music is back!! This cable delivers the biggest soundstage I have heard from any cable to date. It also has more punch in the bass and more air up top. There is just more of everything there! With the Indra, Eva Cassidy, Ben Harper, John Coltrane, Norah Jones are right with you in the room. The Indra bring me closer to the music than any other cable I have had in the system. They are pricey, but then again so are the best cables out there and I truly believe the Indra can hold its own when compared to the very best and might even better some of them. Since I have not heard all of them, I can’t say for sure, but given the level of enjoyment and musicality that the Indra have brought to my system, I have no intention of trying any other cables in their place.

In sum, the Indra is a very special cable that will retain a very special place in my system for a long time. Two more comments about Stealth cables in general: Be patient, Stealth cables need more time to fully burn in and settle into your system than most other cables I have tried. But they are well worth the wait. I have noticed that there is a unique synergy when combining Stealth cables. Add one pair and you hear a difference, change all cables to Stealth and the improvement is magnified. While I cannot afford to buy two more Indras, I have bought two pairs of the PGS and run them from the preamp to the Merlin Bam, to the amps. The whole system now sounds more musical, open, and natural than it did with all my Cardas wiring. I hope I will be able to get my hands and ears on a pair of Serguei’s new Dream speaker cables soon to see if the synergy can be improved even more.

Happy Listening!

http://www.audioasylum.com/reviews/Cable/Stealth/Indra/cables/101520.html

Audio Note DAC3.1 Custom modded to 4.1, DIY Duelund wire RCA IC, Offramp 5 USB SPDIF converter, Mac Mini, Amarra Symphony player,
Zen Mystery Amp. MIT Oracle speaker wire, Avalon Eidolon Diamond speakers. Coincident Statement preamp, Martin Logan Depth subwoofer
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #9 - 07/17/15 at 15:08:30

Hi vyokyong, even though they are used (in mint condition), I know they have sat dormant for quite sometime having witnessed them on Used Cable's site for awhile. How much time was put on them from past use-who knows? So, they do need some 200 to 300 hours (maybe more) put on them I bet.  I believe in burn in-as do the poster's in the threads about the Indra. Serguei Timachev, gave the customer as long as he needed to let the Indra settle in and figure it out by ABA comparison too.

I've decided I am in it for the long run with the Indra. No return. I have to absolutely be certain. If I do ever sell them, it will be several months from now, if not a year.
Thanks for these posts/threads.

I'm Listening right now and they are captivating! The build quality of the Indra is stunning (medical grade device/NASA/Russian Space Program).
I worked for a Medical Device Company-so I've held the best in my own two hands.

Serial numbered/matched/Lifetime warranty/version 8 paperwork accompanies the Indra.

As mentioned above: I purchased from Used Cable also known as the CableCo. Great experience always with my salesman Joe, new and used I've purchased. I paid $3150. Original asking $3495., I offered $2600., we settled at the paid price. Original price for V8, in 2009 = 6K.

The Indra is known for only needing one (pair of IC's) between Source and Preamp, as long as the rest of the System is up to the task. I'm in good shape (see/post #5, for first time readers from www). Steve is to be commended on all his gear, including my Source with his output stage transformer's.

I will report back!  Thanks.  I truly believe they are worth the effort, for a Lifetime of enjoyment.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #10 - 07/17/15 at 19:50:37

Revelation has been had!

I switched the Indra to CSP3 out to ZMA. Returning my WBT-0102Ag Kimber Select 1030 IC from ZDSD to CSP3.

WOW! My conclusion is: What my 1030 does/preserves from Source to Preamp....now gets passed to the Conduit that is the INDRA! Preserving and improving on PRaT, bass articulation with SLAM! All the while with an even increased Soundstage.

The Midrange?!!!! Holy freakin' hanna! The palpability has gone from a ripe banana........to an even more perfectly ripe banana to the taste buds Ears...texture with even more nuance.

The Kimber Select 1030 is the Air King.....providing its goodness to the INDRA...then the Indra perserves it by getting out of the way even more-one upping the Kimber after the handshake through the Pre!  I think the INDRA has more burn in to it too!

Gotta go and squeeze out some more music before heading out for the weekend!  WOW!  

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #11 - 07/18/15 at 17:51:29

I should not be in front of my System right now, being a gorgeous Saturday and I should be outside! Short summer's up here in the Northland. But, I could not resist confirming this morning what was going on yesterday afternoon with the Indra, after I switched it to CSP3 out to ZMA.

.......it is a step up as described in my previous post! So damn musical/involving! Do I need a Sub......no. But, for things like Trent Reznor's soundtrack to Gone Girl (and some classic Nine Inch Nails stuff-when the mood strikes).....yeah....I'm getting the REL S5!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
vyokyong
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 07/20/15 at 03:27:42

Hi Stone of Tone,

Thanks for your report. I just bought Stealth Audio Indra XLR 1.5 meter IC. I  am currently using my own DIY Deulund silver wire RCA IC from Audio Note mod DAC 3.1 to LSA preamp. I will get Coincident Line Statement preamp so that I plan to use XLR IC instead of RCA IC. Because XLR out is better than RCA out from Audio Note DAC 3.1. I am always looking for good XLR IC. The Stealth Audio Indra interested me when you posted your review here. I trust your ear.  

I got it at USD 2,000 from post of USD 2,995 and ex-MRSP was USD 9,995 in Audiogon. However the Stealth Indra is original version before V8 version. It is older version than yours. I think that I got it very good price so that I want to try. If I do my DIY XLR IC of Deulund Silver wire, it costs me of USD 2,000, the same price of Stealth Audio Indra. Then I think that Indra is a good choice for me.

stealthIn2009_006.JPG

IP Logged
vyokyong
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 07/20/15 at 03:30:35

Another picture of Stealth Audio Indra XLR IC.

stealthIn2009_008.JPG

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 07/20/15 at 04:06:38

@ vyokyong - I will be interested to hear your comparison to the Deulund silver in oil as I find these pretty amazing especially for the money.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #15 - 07/20/15 at 15:55:00

Great deal vyokyong. You will be able to recoup your outlay if you decide to.

Me, I have the option to get a full credit for my purchase price for something else. I'm eyeing the REL G2 or S5 Sub. I should keep the Indra and put the few hundred hours it may need. However, I'm most likely sending it back to get the Sub. I feel I have a good handle on it with the hours I have on it. I prefer my Kimber Select 1030 IC's.

Do post about your experience with the Indra vs. your Deuland.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
vyokyong
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 07/21/15 at 02:33:26

Hi Beowulf and Stone of Tone,

Sure, I will report comparison between Stealth Audio Indra XLR IC against my DIY Duelund Silver wire RCA IC. However it will be many months for me to get my Stealth Audio Indra XLR IC for test in my hifi system. Because I stay in Vietnam, the import tax is very high for parcel shipped into Vietnam. I always ask seller to send to my friend's house in Hong Kong. When I have business trip to Hong Kong then I can bring it back. However now I have less frequent trip to Hong Kong. It will be long wait, but I will do report when I have Stealth Indra XLR IC used in my system.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #17 - 07/21/15 at 21:46:04

Well here is hoping it is only a few months for you vyokyong and not many months. The Indra is Daylight.....with an exclamation point.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
vyokyong
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 07/22/15 at 09:02:49

Thanks.

Yes, it will be months. Last time, my Audio Note DAC was 7 months after purchasing and Coincident Line Statement Pre-amp was 6 months after purchasing. I use to and be patient enough for this kind of waiting.

No hurry, just enjoy listening.

IP Logged
vyokyong
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 01/25/16 at 10:21:21

Hi,

I want to report back my Stealth Audio Indra V8 XLR cable. They are used between Audio Note DAC to preamplifier CSLS. Thanks to Stone of Tone who recommended.

This cable excels in presenting an unparalled finely detailed, open and relaxed upper mid /treble range without ever becomming agressive or fatiguing.
it´s very liquid and fast with very good bass too  and does it´s magic in an very natural way, never calling attention to itself.

However I cannot compared it to my DIY Duelund silver cable wire. Because when I use mid price XLR cable connected between Audio Note DAC to preamp. It is better than unbalanced  IC. It means that balanced out put of Audio Note DAC is much better than unbalanced output.

Final word: it is one of my best worth investment cable.  I love it very much.

image_002.jpeg

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #20 - 01/25/16 at 16:33:52

Very nice, vyokyong. I commented more in the ZMA Thread Section.

Enjoy!

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1409130590/153#153

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063