04/19/24 at 11:42:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CSP3 with Moon W5 (Read 6121 times)
Shawn
Verified Member

CSP3 with Moon W5
05/08/15 at 05:11:50

The CSP3 is in the mail, while the Moon W5 is patiently waiting for it's mate. Should be a synergistic pair I hope. I'll report back when the two are mated.
Anyone else try this combo?

IP Logged
Shawn
Verified Member

Re: CSP3 with Moon W5
Reply #1 - 06/16/15 at 23:16:08

Ok, break in period for the CSP3 seems to be just about done. The SimAudio Moon W5 power amp along with the Decware CSP3 pre amp is a beautiful combo. Even running budget speakers the sound is amazing. Very, very pleased with the Decware unit. I was going to get some new speakers, but I think I will keep my budget speakers for now, and use accrued funds to upgrade from a Jolida JD9 II phono pre, to the Decware ZP3 along with some of Decwares power and IC cables. I can't imagine how the music will sound after that, as it is awesome as is. At times I find it difficult to leave my listening room as the music has become addictive. Even some songs I thought were just so-so before, have become fabulous!
I am now a Decware fan, and have no qualms about purchasing or recommending their products after hearing what this pre-amp has done.

Cheers,
Shawn

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/16/15 at 23:45:14

Great. Tell us about your room size and speakers.

IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/17/15 at 15:15:51

Congratulations Shawn on the sound you're getting.  Getting a zp3 with Jupiter caps is definitely a great next step.  It made a huge difference for me.

Torii MkIII with Jupiter caps, ZP3 with Jupiter caps, DM947 Monoliths, Oppo 105, Pro-ject Rm-5.1 Se TT. Hana SH Shibata MC Cartridge 2.0mV
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print