Torii vs Mini Torii (Read 4680 times)
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Torii vs Mini Torii
04/25/15 at 17:17:33

This is directed to those having had the experience of owning both the Mini Torii (version 1) and either the Torii MKIII or IV with Beeswax Caps.

I'm considering an upgrade from my Mini Torii and I'm interested especially in your impressions regarding any potential tradeoffs between the transparency /speed of the Mini Torii and the dynamics / 'oomph' of  the Torii, and if the net overall result of this comparison was positive going from the Mini Torii to either of the Torii models.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Torii vs Mini Torii
Reply #1 - 04/26/15 at 23:06:48

I've had two Mini Toriis, a Torii MK III and MK IV. You might want to wait for the Torii Junior to be introduced.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Re: Torii vs Mini Torii
Reply #2 - 04/28/15 at 20:27:01

Yes, thank you. Unfortunately, I'm a little concern of anything Ultralinear in these types of amps. It used to be the easy way out for designers in the past, as it is easier to get more power with it, but I thought the transparency/fidelity would suffer.

We'll have to see what are Steve's arguments to support what I'm sure will be another successful Decware design.

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print