Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 12:03:17 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Im ABOUT TO BURN THIS WO, YO! Why is the sound sli (Read 9273 times)
soundwave
Verified Member

Im ABOUT TO BURN THIS WO, YO! Why is the sound sli
04/05/15 at 15:22:09

Ok can someone please tell me why my wo, (that I built to specs but is 37" instead of the 36", and even has the recomended parts express eminence drivers installed) will output sound that is slightly sharper/bearly slightly higher in tone, than what is being played out of stock speakers... The stock speakers are playing normal and sound accurate, but the wo sub for some reason has sharpened the sound and I can notice its slightly higher in pitch/tone/ whatevr its called. basically the output sound of my wo is sharp when it should be slightly lower.... What can cause this brothers?

Im really confused

It hits hard, too hard.. But if it canNOT reproduce the sound ACCURATELY and output the recordings' normal natural pitch, then its just sounding very rediculous.

please chime in share your ideas. I cannot tolerate this sharp output.

Could it be the extra inch in width?? seriously Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged
soundwave
Verified Member

Re: Im ABOUT TO BURN THIS WO, YO! Why is the sound sli
Reply #1 - 04/05/15 at 15:27:03

Just throwing ideas out there. But FYI, this enclosure takes up the entire trunkspace of my 2004 toyota camry.

Now, I have it firing into the sedans cabin because when it was firing to the back of trunk, it was hitting TOO HARD. Also I notice that the bass sounds like it has freedom and sounds way better when I open the trunk, or open the doors of my camry. Why is this, perhaps its too big? And can this situation/concern/illustration given here be the reason why the wo has sound output that is sharper in tone?

maybe put wood into the corners of throat to smooth out air travel? I dont know!  >:(

IP Logged
soundwave
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 04/06/15 at 11:56:39

hello is anyone out there? please chime in brothers need ideas/answers thanks!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/21/15 at 01:21:44

Sorry, but I do not understand your problem.

I have built a number of these over a twelve year period and never heard of anything like the possibility of a loudspeaker design changing the tone of the music  being reproduced.

Distortion of all kinds, of course, but What!?!?!?

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #4 - 06/21/15 at 01:58:44

What are you using as a crossover?
It might be a bit much sub for a Camery?

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/12/20 at 04:56:13

This is an old thread, but I wonder if the hard hitting bass was making the metal panels of his car body ring. I think that could produce the higher pitched sound.

Brian

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print