Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 11:35:03 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Enough power for Gallo Classico 4? (Read 1908 times)
Sangohan
Verified Member

Enough power for Gallo Classico 4?
04/04/15 at 01:50:58

Hi I'm new to all this - About to purchase some Gallo Classico 4 speakers, which have 4 woofers, no crossover (do #of speakers effect power in some way?). Specs say 92db 2.83v/1meter 4ohm. Would a SE34I.4 be adequately loud? Not that I usually listen to massive volumes, but I don't want to hold back and do like rock, electronic and orchestral.

I currently have New Large Advents 5002 and NAD326BEE (50w). Advents don't seem easy to drive. I usually don't listen loud and my room is small (12x10). But I do occasionally like to hit it to 60% on the NAD, which is enough to wake the neighbors and get some real bass slam.

Thanks for the advice! Was also looking at Rogue Cronus used... Let's assume I have a $1300 budget or so.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Enough power for Gallo Classico 4?
Reply #1 - 04/04/15 at 02:08:26

stone_of_tone and Lonely Raven here have experience with Gallo speakers, I don't. . . . I have some experience with NAD amps. . . .

My guess is that the Rachel might be just fine, or you might run right up to the limits and crave just a little more power. I would wait and see if those two gentlemen give you informed advice, and I'd also suggest a call to Steve, that man KNOWS what works with what amp.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print