03/29/24 at 14:20:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Forum background (Read 5274 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Forum background
03/28/15 at 14:52:43

How do I make the forum background color display light? It is coming out this awful coffee color which I find hard to read.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Re: Forum background
Reply #1 - 03/28/15 at 15:24:19

+1 to the above.
Also, why the sudden dramatic spike in forum users ?

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 03/28/15 at 15:38:35

Mine has always been some sort of starry night - mountain background. I've used at least 6 different computers and phones, a lot of times not even logged in. I kind of figured that it was the way it looks.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/29/15 at 00:05:44

+1 to Donnie. I find it pleasant and easy on the eyes as well.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 03/29/15 at 15:39:23

Steve posted that UFO video at the top of the forums, but didn't realize not all of us have the Dark Starry Sky theme for the forums. I've mentioned it to him a few times in the past that mine was blue/white as soon as I logged in, but I don't think it clicked with him till I told him many of us couldn't see the video at the top of the forum.

So he forcably reset it to this dark background...which, honestly I don't like either. I don't know why, but I find it hard to read as well. I thought I'd like it, after seeing it on Steve's screen at Decfest a couple years back...but no, it's messing with my eyes a bit.

So, just speculating, but I'm guessing that those of us old timers here probably were the ones with the blue/white theme, and any newer folks already automatically defaulted to the Starry Sky background.

I don't know about the uptick in new members, but I think it's great! Palomino and I have a meeting with another member that's only 15-20 minutes from us, so our Chicago Chapter of the Decware Appreciation club is expanding! LOL

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
lLance
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/29/15 at 17:08:00

I guess Decware is no longer the best kept secret in hi end audio. Still remains the best value though. I need to start a Decware appreciation society in Maryland. I have one convert so far.

ZMA, ZTpre, VPI Scout 1.1 & Soundsmith Zepher Cart, Janszen zA2.1 Speakers, PS Audio DSD, Berkeley Audio Alpha USB, PS Audio P10, Win 8 & J River app, Morrow Cables Triode Wire Labs #7 & Lessloss PC, voodoo AES
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #6 - 03/29/15 at 17:53:27

It is interesting how background appearance is affecting some readers of this forum. I would think that I would be one of them, as, on another forum that I read, the blacker background makes me crazy. It switches from light to dark. In this case however, I actually like and prefer this darker background. Go figure.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print