Send Topic Print
Wadia 151 (Read 2056 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Wadia 151
03/15/15 at 23:40:15

I just bought a Wadia 151 Power DAC to power my garage stereo. It is a kind of handy little box that I can either hook my iPod dock to or stream music into it from my iPad. 50 watts is a lot more than I am used to playing with, so louder is gooder in my book.
Well it sure dosen't sound near as good as my Torri, at least so far.
Well what really sounded bad is when I hooked it up to my MG944's, yucky crappy sounding. They need there tube love!
Anyway, my homemade " Rocker" speakers do seem to work well with it. Feel sorry for the blood sucking Lawyer across the road. His praise gospel music is going to be drowned out.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
ProggRob
Seasoned Member

CDApS Member

Re: Wadia 151
Reply #1 - 03/17/15 at 17:56:58

Donnie, I just saw Music Direct's deal on this unit.  Hope you got a good price on it!  I always wondered how those units sounded but never presumed that they'd hold a candle to Decware.  Do you think it's still a good value at the reduced price ($499)?  Anyhow, hope you enjoy it.

Rob

Baetis Revolution II -> HFC CT-1E Digital Cable -> Denefrips Terminator -> Black Cat Setsuna XLR -> LTA Ultralinear Integrated -> Black Cat Setsuna SC -> Betsy Alnicos
Bass: 4x Hawthorne Augies w/ 2 Rythmik amps
Power: TWL 7+ and Digital, UberBUSS, Furutech Outl
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print