Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 12:55:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DAC for Super zen and Omega Super 7xrs (Read 4967 times)
rico
Verified Member

DAC for Super zen and Omega Super 7xrs
02/11/15 at 21:19:44

Im looking for Dac recommendations for My Super Zen-Omega combo. I would like to keep it under $1500.  Thanks for any ideas.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: DAC for Super zen and Omega Super 7xrs
Reply #1 - 02/11/15 at 21:27:18

I would be looking at Steve's DAC/flash drive player he just posted although it is about 200 over your budget. It's Decware, and I be it kicks butt.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/11/15 at 23:20:28

PS Audio Perfectwave DAC mk2.  Excellent DAC, especially at this price.

http://www.underwoodhifi.com/2012/05/ps-audio.html

We have a few new Perfect Wave DAC MK2’s at $1495.00 (quoted from the website above)

BTW...I'm not in any way affiliated with Underwood, but I have bought gear from Walter in the past and he is a straight shooter and excellent to deal with.  

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 02/12/15 at 01:15:54

I've bought from Underwood as well. After one shop dropped the ball, I got my P10 from Wally.

After Steve's DAC, I would also look at the Chord stuff. I was impressed with how good their DACs sounded with Decware amps, and they have a good amount of voltage to help drive the input of the Decware amp well.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
rico
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 02/12/15 at 21:48:36

Thanks for the suggestions. I heard the John Kenny Ciunas Dac last night and it sounded wonderful, so I purchased one today!  I also bought a ZStage today! I will report back when everything is settled in.

IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/31/15 at 23:36:38

Hi
Enjoyed reading this topic, and I got interested in this John Kenny dac. If anyone has some experience with please report in this forum. I'm currently using a DACmagic plus, would this be a natural step up?

IP Logged
rico
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 04/02/15 at 16:54:17

Although the J Kenny Dac sounded wonderful, I ended up with a Metrum Octave Mk 2 NOS Dac.  It just sounded much more natural, analog and liquid for me. Coming from 35 years of vinyl this was very important to me.  The Super Zen, Z Stage and Omega 7XRS's have exceeded my expectations! This simple system sounds stunning!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print