Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 03:34:55 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Decware Direct Stream Digital DAC / Recorder (Read 26575 times)
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Re: Decware Direct Stream Digital DAC / Recorder
Reply #250 - 12/13/16 at 16:56:34

2nd PS ~ Yes. The demo Steve sent in the 20th Anniversary case for SD Cards....very nice demo (DSD)/to say the least, right? Had me go get a card and make a few of my own (DSD). I just see this as an added fun bonus. The true litmus for me was....impress me with 85% of my well to very well recorded redbook collection? The ZDSD/16/192kHz/Steve's output transformer's ~ DID.

....the other 15% of my collection...nothing can help the compression....and crapping recording of it (mostly mid to late 80's/and some early 90's....we are all to aware of-was garbage remastered or recorded).

IN A PERFECT WORLD, Prof Johnson would have recorded all of Redbook for me and you (starting in 1982/83)!
http://www.referencerecordings.com/about.asp

When I play my Prof J. CD recordings....the dynamic range, damn near makes me cry..... . Tone/Timbre...... .

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #251 - 12/17/16 at 19:14:52

Thanks for the Reference Recordings link Stone, and I've noted the Alpha Digital Power Cord.

Right now I'm trying to put together a strategy for the next series of acquisitions.  A Decware Amp will likely be the next purchase and sooner than what I thought.

Certainly agree on your comments about the Demo that Steve supplies but I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the change that the ZDSD has made with "well recorded Red Book CD's".   I listen and afterwards I silently say "nah, this can't be"!

An example would be the Hi-Fi A LA ESPANOLA POPOVERS - Frederick Fennel Eastman-Rochester Pops. Cut 3, Malaguena, it's an interplay of tempo and drama.  But I never had the adrenaline rush until I heard it through the ZDSD on a Red Book CD???  Nah can't be.

Every time I listen I'm reminded of the first time I took a ride on an extremely high rollercoaster.  Same adrenaline rush, on Red Book CD????  Who's gonna believe this? thats quickly followed by... Who cares anyway.

I'm now going to start recording on the ZDSD, probably using CF cards.  Hammy fingers and SD cards - not a good fit.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #252 - 12/19/16 at 16:06:53

Yes, plan to get a Decware Amp....you won't regret it.

I know, right? I don't own some crazy expensive front end, when Steve's output transformer MOD....he did...and created the ZDSD....I do not long for any other Redbook front end!  

Enjoy and make some more DSD on the Cards too.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3