Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 12:02:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware subs with Decware speakers (Read 5807 times)
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Decware subs with Decware speakers
01/22/15 at 14:53:38

Anyone using one of the Decware subs with a Decware speaker out there? I am leaning towards the HDT's to fit with my Rachael amp, and will get the speakers first (and broken in some what) before making a decision on a low end help but just thinking that some kind of sub may be needed. Comments? Experience? Thanks, and happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Re: Decware subs with Decware speakers
Reply #1 - 01/22/15 at 16:55:11

Yes I do.
I have 2 of the WO32 subs. They blend in nicely to provide the low end.
I ran them with the HR-1s and the MG944s.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #2 - 01/23/15 at 06:08:53

Deuce- what are you using for amp to drive them? I am guessing that the speakers are run full range without any kind of x-over (electronic or passive) to muddle up the Zen factor you have going on? Thanks, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/23/15 at 12:59:07

I am using an old Adcom 545 amp.
Yes the speakers were ran full range from my Zen CS amps. I just introduced the subs at the lower frequencies. I think I had them come in at 60 hz. In front of the amp is a Paradigm sub control box. It has build in xovers to adjust the frequency, phase and volume. A nice little box to use any amp you want as a sub amp.
My CSP preamp has dual outputs. So one goes to the Zens and the other to the sub amp.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 01/23/15 at 13:21:10

DC - you have a link for the sub control box you're talking about? I'm having trouble finding it.

I have a Mini-DSP I'm going to try using for the same setup. I've got a 21" sub with a 2000 watt amp behind it, and I have two 18" subs I need to build boxes for with a slightly nicer 750WPC amp behind them.

I think the mini-DSP is a better solution for sub management, but I'd love to look at other options for crossover/phase

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #5 - 01/23/15 at 13:51:19

LR,

Sounds like he is using a Paradigm X30 Crossover. It is a nice unit!

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #6 - 01/23/15 at 14:32:35

Good info everyone. I figured that in keeping with the Zen thinking that you would want to run full range from the amp to the mains, and then use some sort of x-over on the low end. I have used a Audio Control Richter Scale lll for low end management on the Sequerra's I have and it's worked well. Still not using the x-over for the top end. Thanks for the thoughts and info from all on this forum. Happy listening, Chris.

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 01/23/15 at 17:44:02

Zygi is correct and thanks. I could not remember the number.
The problem is I don't think they make it any more. But you can find them on the used market.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print