Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 19:30:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tungsol 6L6G in Torri 4 (Read 2444 times)
grillski2000
Verified Member

Tungsol 6L6G in Torri 4
01/21/15 at 04:59:13

I sold my Klipsch Lascalas and went with a newer speakers called Tekton Pendragons. I thought they sounded better than the Lascalas but the Bass was kind of boomy using my Torri in my living room. I even Read some reviews that stated that these speakers do not match well with Decwares Torri 4 let alone tube amps. I was sad that I went with the Tektons and that I would possibly have to sell my Torri to go with a Dryer more powerful Solid State Amp. I called Steve and he suggested changing my power tubes to the Tungsol 6L6G's. I was skeptical but did it. I have to say that the Tektons now sound awesome and match well with the Torri 4. The boominess is gone and the Pendragons sound awesome now. These are nice tubes! I wonder how these tubes will sound with a different set of Speakers?      

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Tungsol 6L6G in Torri 4
Reply #1 - 01/21/15 at 11:32:49

This shows how versatile these amps are that you could change the presentation to match a speaker by just changing a tube type.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print