Send Topic Print
I Shot my Computer. (Read 24689 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

I Shot my Computer.
01/20/15 at 18:20:43

Living in the country can be a great stress reliever because when all else fails, you can just shoot it.

Sadly, I accidentally drained my pool with the last shot and didn't even care.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gun-3D-Wall-Art-iMac-Ultimate-Stress-Reliever-Computer-T...

I took something that was rendered completely worthless by Apple and gave it some value.

Steve   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Kboe

God is in the Music.

Re: I Shot my Computer.
Reply #1 - 01/20/15 at 18:37:55

I recently swore off Apple completly as its just not the same without Steve.  The "Other" Steve I guess we could say!  Placed my bid!

NAD 516/316 - Klipsch speakers. Complete cable looks by belden, kimber, monoprice.
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/20/15 at 19:30:21

Too funny!!!  ;D

I was wondering what caliber you used, then I read the description.
I have felt like that many times!

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #3 - 01/20/15 at 20:14:09

If that was a Zen Amp it would probably still work....

Looks like someone could use a little target practice  ;D

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 01/20/15 at 21:21:31

Next time you want to do violence on some computers or other gear, gall me out! I have a .458 SOCOM rifle that I shoot *solid brass* 350 grain projectiles from. It's like a big brass hammer.  :)

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #5 - 01/20/15 at 22:17:47

LR,  I am actually jealous. Great idea with solid brass.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #6 - 01/20/15 at 22:58:22

I once hauled my Zen DAC out to my shooting range.
It was in my sights but I couldn't work up the nerve to pull the trigger.
So I just gave it away.
We once shot a phone answering machine and some pink flamingo "yard art". (No Hobo's were harmed in any way).

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 01/20/15 at 23:55:38

What's really brilliant is that it is currently selling at $71!  Fortunately for us all, Steve is better at electronics than firearm identification.  I assume it's a Ruger, not a Colt.  Unless he's got a pretty weird highbred 44!   Cheesy

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 01/21/15 at 00:19:14

I hate guns with a passion. But I'm different.

Would never harm an Apple myself. A PC? No problem messing one of those up.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Kboe

God is in the Music.

Reply #9 - 01/21/15 at 13:31:52

No one else can bid. Its been decided.

NAD 516/316 - Klipsch speakers. Complete cable looks by belden, kimber, monoprice.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #10 - 01/21/15 at 17:32:18

Quote:
I hate guns with a passion. But I'm different.

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 01/21/15 at 17:53:13

Whatever. I despise guns and don't hang with people who get off on them.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #12 - 01/22/15 at 00:20:51

Lon, Lon, Lon... whatever possessed you to express your unsolicited philosophical view on firearms on this forum?
I don’t know you, your age or anything about you, but assume you’re an adult with some life experience under your belt.  Surely you know that philosophical positions on the 2nd amendment and anything related to “guns” is one of the most polarizing and hotly debated topics in existence and sure to stir up controversy when brought up in "unknown crowds" like on a www forum.  
All you have likely accomplished is to have isolated yourself from many “good folks” here on this forum. Congratulations!  You have done sent that proverbial round downrange and you can’t get it back.

Since you have made us all clearly aware of your complete and adamant opposition to anything related to guns or anyone who might have ever touched one, or does not share your view.  And given the fact, that your Decware gear is designed by, built by and supported by a fellow who does own firearms(many I think), and does enjoy the shooting sports(so do I).  With all these overwhelming and undeniable facts bearing down on your ethical and moral conscience, and in order for you to avoid complete hypocrisy, we expect you to immediately post all your Decware gear for sale here in the classifieds.  How can you possibly sleep at night knowing that money you paid for a Decware component might have ultimately funded the purchase of a firearm, ammo or other shooting sport accessory?  Oh… the blasphemy!

Don’t get your bloomers in too much of bunch here Lon.  But when somebody opens themselves up like this on a www forum, they've got to expect at least a little abuse.…. It’s all meant in good fun, but you really asked for this one.

But while we're all "sharing" our unsolicited philosophical view point on guns, I'll use a worn out analogy: Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.

Consider:  there is another “man made” creation that is very prolific here on planet earth that is responsible for more unnatural deaths each year than all firearm related deaths on the planet, including  “WAR”…. It’s the automobile….. bet you own at least one..!!!!

Now I'm off to listen to some great music via Decware gear, while I clean my guns from my last trip to the range during this rare warm period for January here in the Midwest....

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #13 - 01/22/15 at 00:26:05

LR...

that Socom appears to at least be missing its lower and a barrel.. gonna be more than a bit difficult to execute some electronics!!!   Grin

now.... I have a fully-functional, cleaned-n-ready BA-50 in my safe and some surplus incendiary rds... this could get interesting especially at night!  I'm afraid the big 50 might disturb Steve's neighbors there at the house/shop... unless we're talking about another locale.  Steve... can we stretch out to at least 500 yds. somewhere and I'll bring "the 50" up for Zen.....   Smiley

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 01/22/15 at 00:27:30

How about we add GUNS to the list of things NOT to discuss on this forum.  I assume that religion and politics are already on the list!

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #15 - 01/22/15 at 00:30:08

Hey, I have a long standing habit of expressing my opinions online on all the forums I attend. And I expect and tolerate blowback from same. I hold some strong opinions and respect the opinions of others.

I personally abhor guns and I do not hang out with people who are into guns. Does that mean I don't buy things from people who own are into guns? No. How could I do that and survive. I started buying Decware long before I knew Steve was into guns and I haven't stopped when I found that out, it's his prerogative. I don't hang out with Steve though.

I applaud the freedom that we have here to have guns, but wish we didn't actually. I wish i lived in a society with stricter control of guns, but do appreciate freedoms. That's a dichotomy I allow myself; Aristotlean dual poled logic is just BS in my opinion, humans are complex and contradictory.

If you guys can talk about shooting guns, I should be allowed to say I detest them. I do. I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but I don't care. I feel strongly enough that I posted my view. Now I'm done.

Now back to listening to music. Mozart late symphonies on SACD at the moment.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #16 - 01/22/15 at 00:48:02

How about this? What method can we come up with to destroy the worthless pieces of crap that annoy us?
I'm right now devising some sort of trebuchet to fling worthless junk far, far away.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #17 - 01/22/15 at 04:29:25

Quote:
LR...

that Socom appears to at least be missing its lower and a barrel.. gonna be more than a bit difficult to execute some electronics!!!   Grin

Yeah, my DropBox hasn't been working right, so I've not been able to share my camera phone photos like I would like. That photo of the upper receiver was what I happened to have on hand, and at least showed the round very well. This thread prompted me to get off my duff and fix my automatic camera upload issues, and now they are all synced up!

When I built my .458 SOCOM, I got the upper, which was built by the guy that invented the round! But I really wanted a fancy billet upper, all beefy and angular like...except nobody makes one in .458, so I took a nice billet upper receiver I liked the looks and feel of, and milled it out myself...by hand...with a dremel tool. LOL I also sent the barrel out to be "dimpled" or dimple-fluted as some call it. It took about a half pound off, and I swear it shoots better.

I thought the .458 SOCOM would be like my 50AE or your 50BMG - just  a fun thing to bring out on occasion because it's impractical and so expensive to shoot. But the .458 is turns out to be the very practical Thor's Hammer of the AR, and shoots wonderfully! So yeah, I'm figuring out a way to manufacture my own projectiles at home to be able to afford this on the regular. I really want to use it in my next Practical Rifle match.

As for Gun Control - well, I guess we saw how that worked out for the French recently, unfortunately. It turns out, criminals and terrorists, oddly don't follow the gun control laws. Imagine that.  ::)

I bet ya'll didn't know I built rifles and used to write for a small firearms blog and FFL.  Too many hobbies.  :)

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #18 - 01/22/15 at 11:08:23

Come on, how many times have we had restaurants and stores and workplaces and army bases shot up?

I'm not here to argue, but your comment on the French seems silly in that regard.

Okay, no more from me.

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 01/22/15 at 13:25:07

LR that thing is beautiful. I really like the dimples on the barrel.

Now guys no more arguing. I have heard both sides of that argument. Nothing will change unless people stop being greedy and self-centered. Greed is what put the whole world into a shit storm. Its not the tool its the person holding the tool.

IP Logged
Kboe

God is in the Music.

Reply #20 - 01/22/15 at 13:50:08

I for one am curious as to what Steve was working on when he did the deed.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #21 - 01/22/15 at 18:09:30

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #22 - 01/22/15 at 19:03:12

The biggest problem I have is guns in the hands of private citizens. I know two families that have lost members, one a child, because of guns in the home. There are all these people going postal and killing coworker, fellow students, strangers, friends, fellow soldiers.

Obviously you have your mindset and I have mine and I respect yours, and I'd appreciate it if you would quit mocking mine.

Peace. Have a nice day.

IP Logged
Kboe

God is in the Music.

Reply #23 - 01/22/15 at 23:17:16

I was just thinking how good this would look hung above my current PC based headphone rig.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #24 - 01/23/15 at 05:16:39

One day Seventeen hours left on the auction!  :)

Kboe

God is in the Music.

Reply #25 - 01/26/15 at 02:14:55

Cant wait to hang this on my wall!

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #26 - 01/26/15 at 04:06:12

LOL! Good deal

Kboe

God is in the Music.

Reply #27 - 01/29/15 at 19:39:37

Well I got the computer.  Its now my favorite piece of art.  Like everything else from Steve its a keeper.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #28 - 01/29/15 at 21:30:47

At the audio store I used to manage, we had a service tech that would hold completed repairs for 30 days past the 30 day hold period, just to be sure. Then it was sold for the cost of the repair...but the real crap that people brought in for a ''quote'' and never picked up after they got the quote, well that went into the side parting lot and we had a 10 lbs sledgehammer. Talk about a stress reliever!
I would suggest we lay off the weapons discussions and get back to tubes, music and the zenfull bliss that comes over us all when we get in that happy place the music takes us. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #29 - 02/05/15 at 16:33:45

Sorry to bring up the (for some) touchy subject of guns again. But Steve or anyone else in the area - Any good gun shops around here (Peoria Area) I should visit? I'm looking for some gun powder for some of my more difficult to reload rounds, and Bass Pro is pretty dry (and way overpriced).

I see lots of pawn/gun shops, but I'm looking for someplace a little nicer...unless one of these pawn shops happens to have a good reloading section.  :)

I'm willing to travel 30-45 minutes if need be, or hit up a place on my way home. Components are still kind of scare up north by me.

Any suggestions?

deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #30 - 02/05/15 at 16:49:40

PM sent.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None