Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 12:10:35 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WLM - Tube Friendly Loudspeakers (Read 8885 times)
beowulf
Seasoned Member

WLM - Tube Friendly Loudspeakers
01/18/15 at 00:49:45

Hi All, just found another very efficient loudspeaker model called the "Diva", from an Austrian brand called WLM.  They are a concentric design, that look very similar in design to Zu souls, which use Eminence drivers similar looking to Tekton.

At any  rate, they use minimalist crossover design and with an efficiency of 97dB @ 8 ohms.  Another cool feature is that they have a treble trim for the concentric tweeter so it can be tailored to your room.

From 6 moons:

“The Diva combines high-energy dynamics with mondo tone and image density for a very fetching combination of kick and warmth. Time domain behavior seems top-notch indeed. This makes for a very non-fatiguing sound that's rhythmically live. The soundstage projects high above the speakers for 6-foot performers who rise well over your seat.”

The fit and finish look first rate, but not inexpensive @ $6900 for the towers and $5200 for the stand mounts.  I just wonder how closely they may resemble the Zu Souls sound wise?

Stand mounts pictured with matching dual sub:

IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Re: WLM - Tube Friendly Loudspeakers
Reply #1 - 01/18/15 at 20:26:07

Check those cabinet dimensions and the specs on the transducer. If there are no breakthrough design features compensating those constraints, the price is too high and the expected results, ballpark for the category. I usually never trust 6 Moons. Just MHO.

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: WLM - Tube Friendly Loudspeakers
Reply #2 - 01/19/15 at 00:14:17

I agree with what you're saying ~ which is why I was wondering how they compared to something like the Zu or Tekton which are well below the cost of the WLM Divas and use similar drivers.  

They do use some tone control implementation on the tweeter that make it nifty for you to tailor it to your room which would work well for those who are especially sensitive to treble, but I see the cabinet work at Zu or Tekton to be just as nice (Tekton woodwork that is).

Still they're out there if anybody has the inclination or chance to hear them ... I would defintely like to hear them myself if the opportunity arose.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print