Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

ZP3
11/26/14 at 18:30:51

Quote:
Hi Steve!

I want to be very brief:

After eight months of listening to your preamp, I have to say that the ZP3 makes the difference in my chain. Why?

My equipment (Sonus Faber speakers and Unison Research tube amp+tube CD-Player+turntable) from Italy is at the entrance level of "highend".
These products work really fine and I really enjoy listening to them, but I am convinced that your great preamp makes the difference. (I suppose that great preamps always make the difference)

I found great NOS tubes (US Tung Sol 7025,5751, Telefunken ECC82 long plates, Brimar 5Z4GY) in pristine conditions with excellent electric values for the ZP3, which turned my system to another level. What I like most: this holographic, clear and fluid/smooth sound. Bass is fantastic!

The best of all: the affordable price, in particular of the ZP3!

Thanks so much Steve!

Best wishes from Austria!

WWW   IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: ZP3
Reply #1 - 11/26/14 at 20:44:32

And mine is breaking in just fine. This Thanksgiving weekend I should be starting near 85 hours and finish the weekend well over 125. I spent a long time reading about the amp and phono stage and opinions on the forum, and am SO BLEEDING HAPPY with my ZP3 and Rachael I could....beyond happy. Thank you Steve and all that make Team Decware! Have a great holiday and happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #2 - 12/02/14 at 02:59:47

Well I did get in a fair amount of listening this four day holiday weekend, I hope you all did too! The ZP3 sounded better each day. Tone, soundstage and definition are all improving very well. When I pull the speakers out into the room, the depth changes radically but you could guess that it would. I left my wife to decorate the living room Saturday for Christmas and she had Pandora set to one of her holiday mixes. When I came back after mixing, she commented that the Christmas Carols never sound so good. She's loving it, I am loving it. Almost pulled the trigger on Decware 947 during the sale be I need to catch up after this last go round. Maybe before the end of the year. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
KP
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 10/05/15 at 16:51:17

Thanks for the review. This helps a lot.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print