Send Topic Print
10% off on tubes (Read 5062 times)
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

10% off on tubes
11/16/14 at 15:18:52

Just a heads up, I received a email from Ron @ Cryoset for a 10% discount on tubes until 12-15-14. I may get a few things to try in my ZP3 and Rachael (which are breaking in fine). I bought a full set of tubes for my SE84CS while I was waiting for the new gear and they are great (thanks for the tip Lon!)  Just passing it along. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: 10% off on tubes
Reply #1 - 11/16/14 at 15:36:12

So glad the tubes worked out! I'm very happy with Ron and cryoset; I hope that he and Eric worked out their 6N1P tube problem.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 11/17/14 at 19:08:23

Quote:
So glad the tubes worked out! I'm very happy with Ron and cryoset; I hope that he and Eric worked out their 6N1P tube problem.

I sent those tubes back (one good, one cracked open like an egg), and suggested to him that if he sees anything that looks untoward, that he reach out to me and we will work it out. I've never had a tube break like it was a glass Xmas tree ornament before, and apparently he hasn't either; so it was difficult for him to believe me.

I've not heard back from him, but I have shipping notice on something. I'm probably going to drop him an E-mail after I see what he's sent; I don't like a shop thinking I'm trying to scam them after breaking a tube - it bothers me more than I can say.

After all the dust settles, and assuming I can afford to do so, I might put an order in with the 10% discount on something to show he's kept a customer.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 11/17/14 at 19:28:02

I'll bet he is sending you a replacement pair, and I bet he doesn't think you're scamming him. Keep us posted.

I wish he had some cheap cryo'd 7308s.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 11/17/14 at 21:07:42

I'm still burning in the Nationals (on the input side) with the 23P in the phase position, and the Golden Lion KT66.

Still, just not really capturing me the way stock tubes did. I'm waiting for the 6N1P to show up and I'll spend some time with them, as well as with the Telefunken 6DJ8 (which I did like mixed with stock tubes).

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 11/17/14 at 21:38:58

I never liked the tube type that the Nationals are in any of my amps, but the Gold Lions made the Tung-Sols seem "broken" in my Mk III, main system and Mk II at my parents. They sound nice in my second system Mk III though, nice enough I'm gonig to wear them out there.

Interested in hearing your impressions of the 6N1P. I used these for ages and still use them in my second system for CSP2+ and Mk III. But be warned: they take weeks to fully bloom.

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #6 - 11/20/14 at 17:38:46

I am considering 12AX7's for ZP3.  Any recommedations what may be best fit from the good people at cryoset.

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print