Send Topic Print
New Rachael (Read 10195 times)
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

New Rachael
11/03/14 at 16:03:35

I rec'd the Rachael amp and ZP3 last week and have the amp up and running, sounds better everyday. The Mrs. is home breaking it in with streaming music doing the 5 on/ 5 off. Question for the forum: Is the Valve Arts 274B that is in my Rachael and the ZP3 a replacement for the Ruby tubes that Decware used to use as a stock power tube? My plan was to get to at least 200 hours on both power and phono units then I started to rolling the tubes. Thanks, and happy listening. Chris

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: New Rachael
Reply #1 - 11/03/14 at 16:13:29

Yes, Steve is shipping those 274B now and I find them to be quite a nice tube. I'm using the cryo'd version in my Torii Mk II and one of my Torii Mk IIIs.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/06/14 at 21:16:23

+1 on the VA 274B.  It's now my go to rectifier.  I was using NOS rca 5u4g.  274b has more definition and weight.   Not bad for an inexpensive rectifier.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 11/27/14 at 16:23:15

I have to agree about the 274B. It is the one Steve sent with my amp as well, and I really can't imagine wanting to roll it for any reason. I must say, since the inception of this amp years ago, it has come a long way. I owned one of the first SE34.1 amps, and it does not compare to this latest version for me.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #4 - 11/27/14 at 17:57:27

By original, do you mean the SE34I, with 4 opt's ?
If so, a thumbnail comparison would be appreciated.
I have the above amp, it still makes beautiful music !

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #5 - 11/28/14 at 00:10:52

The SE34I that I owned was a prototype, so I'm not exactly sure where it stood in the lineup. I do remember that it had quite a few options as to how it could be run, by means of speaker connections, tube placement (one or two output tubes), and in my amp there was a switch hidden inside the chassis, but I have no idea of what it was used for. As much as I liked the sound, I found myself constantly fiddling with these things.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #6 - 11/28/14 at 23:43:24

Thanks.

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #7 - 05/08/15 at 03:23:26

I have not mentioned for a while how much I love my Rachael amp and ZP3 driving the Omega 7XRS speakers we rec'd a few weeks ago. I love it. There, said it. Thanks Steve. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print