Send Topic Print
ZP3 due this week (Read 797 times)
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

ZP3 due this week
10/25/14 at 02:29:08

OK. so the ZP3 and Rachel are due mid week and I have a question. Looking at the photo on the site, the shot showing the rear view with the tranny and the IEC connector, which set on RCA jacks is the input and what is the output? The set closest to the IEC is the….? Of course I could pop the top and look at the wiring, and since I don't see it in the OM, I gotta ask. Yeah, I am flipping excited after all these years. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
KMokc
Seasoned Member

Re: ZP3 due this week
Reply #1 - 10/25/14 at 13:20:14

Hi Chris,
With the tubes facing out the pair of rca's on the left will be from the turntable.  Lon had to help me when I got my ZP3!

Good luck and happy listening!

Sys 1:Rachel,Blumenstein Deluxe Orcas,Teac UD-501,Regen,MacBook Pro,Silnote RCA's,Rega RP6 GT Sub-plater,CW,Dynavector 20X2H,Nova II Sys2:Torii JR,CSP3&ZP3,Omega Super Alnico Monitors w/Skylan stands,Teac UD-501,Regen,Mac Mini,VPI Prime TT w/Ortofon Black,GH Cable
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 10/25/14 at 14:02:23

Chris, that's the correct way to connect the connections. Wow, the ZP3 is really going to give you a thrill!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
P K
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/25/14 at 14:54:49

I think i am confused.

My ZP3 is less than a year old, inputs and outputs and the IEC are at the back. Black typewriter finish,

The input from the turntable jacks are in the middle next to the IEC, the output jacks to my preamp are on the left corner at the back (with the transformer at the rear and the tubes facing front).

This seems to be the opposite of your advise?

I do not think my ZP3 would work if the cables were installed in any other way.

What do you think?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 10/25/14 at 16:23:32

We may all be saying the same thing. On my ZP3, bought a few years ago, when you are looking at the rear of the machine, the left set, just to the right of the IEC inlet, is where the leads from the turntable connect. The rightmost pair, next to the edge of the component, are where the leads to the Preamp connect.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Paul64
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 10/25/14 at 17:24:47

Hi all!  New to the forum.  Have had a Torii MKIV for almost a year now and love it. I just received my new ZP3 this week. And as far as connections go,  the outputs are on the left hand side while looking at the front of the amp. So far am loving it. Still burning it in of course. My question to the group ...mine does not have the standby switch.  Is this something new? The Decware specs show it as standard and part of the amp.  

Thanks,
Paul

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 10/25/14 at 18:05:50

For whatever it's worth, I never use the standby mode on my ZP3.  I let everything warm up together and turn everything off when I'm done.  Less switches is probably a good thing.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
P K
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 10/26/14 at 00:07:11

I agree the standby switch is not needed, i would never let my ZP3 remain in standby for a long period of time.

Steve D. told me it was to warm up the unit before you play records, or with no standby you can wait 15 minutes for maximum performance.

I never could hear a difference and I would just start listening to my records right away.

That's my two cents.

Peter

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #8 - 10/26/14 at 14:26:08

Thank you all for the clarity on the turntable input and output to the amp connections on my soon to be delivered ZP3. I have the old shelves in the  gear closet removed, holes filled and one coat of paint on and will put the second coat on today. I have half the rack built and will finish on Monday with the rest. I am really looking forward to getting my vinyl back up and running with the ZP3 and Rachel. Thanks again for the info. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print