04/19/24 at 00:47:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE34i.4 (Read 11167 times)
KMokc
Seasoned Member

SE34i.4
10/23/14 at 03:13:54

Yeah my Rachel shipped today! Now I will have Decware power in the Living room. It has the Jupiter Beeswax II caps with the stepped attenuator.

Looking forward to breaking it in, and now I think my ZP3 will sound better!

Kevin  
Grin

Sys 1:Rachel,Blumenstein Deluxe Orcas,Teac UD-501,Regen,MacBook Pro,Silnote RCA's,Rega RP6 GT Sub-plater,CW,Dynavector 20X2H,Nova II Sys2:Torii JR,CSP3&ZP3,Omega Super Alnico Monitors w/Skylan stands,Teac UD-501,Regen,Mac Mini,VPI Prime TT w/Ortofon Black,GH Cable
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: SE34i.4
Reply #1 - 10/23/14 at 03:41:42

AWESOME! Soon you'll be really enjoying the sound!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
dias
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 10/23/14 at 23:20:34

Very cool.  I predict you will be very pleased with the new amp.

Saw your profile and noticed that you have Blumenstein speakers.  I do, too, and enjoy them very much with my SE 34i.2+.  (System listed below.)

Cheers,
Blake

Sources:  Mac w/ Amarra, ifi purifier, Lavry DA 11; Thorens 160, Goldring 1012GX, Lounge Audio LCR phono stage
Amplification:  Custom preamp w/ 7788 tubes, 12bh7 as a hybrid shunt regulator, parafeed transformer-coupled outputs; Decware SE 34i.2+ (6n1p drivers, RCA 5R4GY rectifiers, Tung Sol El 34s)
Speakers:  Blumenstein Orcas with matching subs

IP Logged
KMokc
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/24/14 at 01:06:35

Hi Blake,
The Orca's are with my Decware SE84ZS in my computer room as a desktop system. The system in the living room is getting the Rachel and will be hookup to the speakers I bought and built from Madisound. They sound pretty good, however I'm going to giving them a shot after the Rachell has 100 hours on it and decide if I need to replace.

The short list for new speakers are the Decware 947's and the Omega Super 3s.

I do have a question for you, I notice that you are using the Goldring 1012GX for you cartridge and want to know how you like it?

One other item I to have a Lounge Audio LCR phone stage (one of the older ones).

Thanks,
Kevin

Smiley

Sys 1:Rachel,Blumenstein Deluxe Orcas,Teac UD-501,Regen,MacBook Pro,Silnote RCA's,Rega RP6 GT Sub-plater,CW,Dynavector 20X2H,Nova II Sys2:Torii JR,CSP3&ZP3,Omega Super Alnico Monitors w/Skylan stands,Teac UD-501,Regen,Mac Mini,VPI Prime TT w/Ortofon Black,GH Cable
  IP Logged
dias
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 10/24/14 at 03:34:36

That's one heck of a desktop system.

Decware, Blumenstein and Lounge Audio ... You clearly have outstanding taste. Wink

The Decware 947s look great.  I happen to live about a mile from the Blumenstein shop and have heard the new model, the Mako.  They are outstanding and should be considered as well.

The 1012GX is a wonderful cartridge.  Big sound that really excels at the frequency extremes.  I got mine a long time ago; I think the price is now in the $500 range and I'm not sure how it measures against others in that price range.

The ZP3 looks great.  Maybe that'll be my next move!

Cheers,
Blake

IP Logged
KMokc
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 10/29/14 at 22:50:50

0My Rachel arrived yesterday. I'm on the the second cycle of 5 hours on at least 5 off. I will say it sounds good but a little ruff. But its right out of the box and its so similar to my Zen Select but with more power. I love it!

Kevin
Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 10/29/14 at 23:05:06

Wow, yours arrived too! Great news! You know the drill, in a month you'll have forgotten all about it's being "new" and "breaking in" and you'll be grooving hard to the music!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #7 - 11/29/14 at 18:16:36

This is one amp that I cannot ever consider selling. I have had mine less than a year, and it still amazes me with detail and bass.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print