Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bridging a Rachael (Read 5395 times)
Core32
Seasoned Member

Bridging a Rachael
10/03/14 at 21:35:42

This statement is in the add for the new Rachael:
"For the first time since it's release this wonderful amp is bridgeable into mono using the Decware Series Floating Output Bridge that eliminates the typical smear you get when you combine the channels of stereo amplifiers."

What is the Series Floating Output Bridge? Is it an add on or built into the amp as designed?
Thanks for your help.

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Re: Bridging a Rachael
Reply #1 - 10/04/14 at 10:35:19

Hello core32. The floating bridge is onboard. Not sure about the tech stuff. All you do is join the +ve speaker terminals together on each amp with a piece of sheathed wire and you`re done. You speaker cable will then go into either pair of terminals as normal, one pair per amp.From the pre-amp you split the right and left with `y` connectors and send 2 rights to one Rachael, 2 lefts to the other. Or, as with the CSP pre amp with 2 outputs you send the 2 rights to one amp etc. Whether you have the Rachael without volume controls and control them by the pre-amp, or no pre-amp and loaded Rachaels are the preferences for how many signal paths you feel are needed. Lot of options.
And they are allways balanced so no fiddling around.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/04/14 at 16:23:13

Thanks marky for your help.
In the ad it just sounded like there was some option or add-on device needed by that name. Built in is obviously much better  ;)
So if I bought these with the standard volume control and used them with a preamp, just crank the volume knob on both amps to max and let the preamp control volume?
Or is there some need to match the amps output level other than maxing the control?

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/04/14 at 21:10:59

You could do that, ride the gain of the pre-amp or the amps. There`ll be a lot of settings. I have the no volumes option which I think has the rachaels on max and you access up to their max  from the pre-amp. Or does it ? Maybe when I increase the pre-amp the Rachaels just increase as well. Either way I saw no need for for more pots as if it were an integrated. Even using one Rachael I controlled it from the CSP2+.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print