Send Topic Print
ZP3 into a SE34I.3 (Read 951 times)
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

ZP3 into a SE34I.3
09/26/14 at 05:36:39

Is anyone running a ZP3 straight into a SE34I.3 or other Decware amp, not using a CPS3 or preamp? I am thinking of getting the four input Rachel and just the phono stage. Thoughts? I am going to play with another phono stage straight into my 2 watt Zen this weekend but was looking for some input. Thanks, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: ZP3 into a SE34I.3
Reply #1 - 09/26/14 at 10:47:16

I'm running my ZP3 straight into the Torii Mk III. Sounds wonderful. I've used a CSP2+ between the ZP3 and Torii, but actually prefer it straight in by a hair. . . I think you'll be happy. Smiley

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/26/14 at 12:43:50

Yeah I also run my zp3 direct into my torii III.

JD

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 09/26/14 at 12:48:58

Thanks again to this amazing group of Zenheads on this forum! Advice, insights and opinions, just great to be able to throw out an idea or question and have so much help. I can just imagine the fun around a bonfire at Decfest and the discussions. Thanks, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Jon

Reply #4 - 09/26/14 at 16:17:50

I run my ZP3 into a Zen Switch Box into my SE84ZS.  Sounds great!

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #5 - 10/29/14 at 21:29:48

Rachael and her room mate (ZP3) arrived yesterday and I have the amp on line and the Mrs. is breaking it in with Pandora through the day. I will finish the rack this weekend and get the TT and the ZP3 on line and start that process.
Anyone with a TT used the Musical Surroundings Fozgometer for setting the azimuth and channel balance? It looks a lot easier than dragging out the O-scope and all.
Thanks, and happy listening, Chris.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 10/29/14 at 21:37:08

So glad they made it! You're going to have fun with the ZP3.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #7 - 11/02/14 at 00:30:11

Got the amp on line last Tuesday with the Oppo for cd's and the Mrs. streaming Pandora during the day while I am working (she's back at work next week after 5 months recover from spine surgery). Amp is getting there. Doing the on and off during the day/night…not exactly keeping it to 5 hours but. Hooked up the ZP3 today finally and I am getting a motor boating sound out of the left channel. Checked cables, swapped cables. Sounds like a bad tube, but no extra 12AX7's or 12AU7 around anymore. I will swap the 12AX7's Sunday after mixing church and see what happens then call the mothership Monday if I think I need some other tubes.
Amp has great moments but not close to the CS84SE that we were using while selling the other gear and waiting for the new stuff (it had months and months on it recently). I cannot wait until it's got more hours on it. New amp breaking syndrome. Very excited but really want the TT up and running (correctly) but now it sushi time….Anyone ever have some strange sounds from their ZP3 when starting out? Thanks, and happy listening. Chris

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 11/02/14 at 10:51:18

Hi Chris, my ZP3 took a while to  iron out the frequency balance from out of the box. It was my first Decware amp and first real encounter with burning in. 5 hrs on 5 hrs off is sound advice and I can now see why. Motor boating is a what I get when I pull an i/c from one channel somewhere. You should have the 12au7 nearest the transformer, the deck inputs are the ones nearest the centre on the rear. Check all the cartridge connectors are right. Simple checklist you`ve probably done when setting up so it could be a faulty tube. If they are all lighting up give each one a little flick with your fingernail after making sure they`re all sunk well into their sockets, the dodgy one should make the sound alter.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #9 - 11/02/14 at 14:00:32

Thanks Marky- I will do more investigation this morning after mixing. I am sure that it will all get sorted out. I have been through the break in thing a few times with my little Zen amp, after not using it for a year or so it seems to revert right back to ground zero….could be worse problems in my life. Thanks for the input, happy listening. Chris.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print