04/16/24 at 22:52:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Part F (Read 14192 times)
ScottyK
Verified Member

Part F
09/17/14 at 14:51:22

I am in the process of building the WO32.  I have the plans and they show part F but I have not found any detail on exactly how or what it should look like.  I have gone through many threads here and looked at just about every picture and still not sure what or how it should be made.  Any help would be much appreciated. TIA

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Re: Part F
Reply #1 - 09/17/14 at 15:25:15

Right now I can't remember which part is part F. Once I get home I will look at my print and get back to you.
You will love this sub with music once you build it.
John

IP Logged
ScottyK
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 09/17/14 at 16:34:49

Ok, thanks for the help John!  

Also how do you suggest the best way to run the wiring to each driver?  I am thinking of doubling up the base and dadoing the 2nd piece to hide the cables in between them.

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/18/14 at 14:25:31

Now I know what part F is after looking at the print. Lets see if I can explain it. All you need to do is grab a piece of scrap plywood that is about 2 inches long. The one edge is flat but the other edge needs to follow the angle of the baffle that holds the driver. The angle is real small something like 2.7 degrees. This piece is used to brace the panels in the center. So make sure you have a line drawn in the middle/center front and back and also up and down of the flat outside panel. You want to know the center of the outside panel to place this piece. So this piece is about 2 inches long. Make sure its wider than the opening. I would use the edge of the angle baffle that holds the driver to get the angle that baffle is at. So place the block so the front edge of the block is in line with the center line you have drawn and the other edge flat to the outside fall. Take a pencil and mark a line using the angle baffle to get the angle. So now you should have that angle so cut the piece. Now you need to make a radius from the front corner that is cut at the angle to the flat piece. I think you can use a quarter to get that radius. Once you cut out the raidus, mark a center line of the thickness of the piece on that radius. Now take it to a sander and sand it down to a point, like a knife edge. Just the radius, so blend that into the flat piece. It should look like a tip of a knife when you get done. Now put some glue on it an place it at the center between the two panels. Tap it in and let it dry. Its just there to brace the panels.

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/18/14 at 14:54:09

pic1

partF_4.gif
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 09/18/14 at 14:56:22

pic2

partF_3.gif
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/18/14 at 14:58:09

pic3

partF_2.gif
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 09/18/14 at 15:09:22

pic4

partF_1.gif
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 09/18/14 at 19:26:59

Forgot to answer your other question.
I did not like how the wires ran in the original so I though about doing the same thing as you with the extra panel at the bottom and routing a grove to hide the wire. At the end I did not want an extra panel on the bottom so I did the same thing but used Antiwires 12 guage wire to wire it up. Its a magnet or transformer wire that is pure 12 gauge copper with an enamel coating. Its nice and thin so I ran that to my posts just cutting a small grove on the bottom panel from the outside. It works nicely. You can probaly do the same with a teflon wire. The teflon insulation is thin also. But yes the second panel would nicely hide the wire and keep it out of the horn path.

IP Logged
ScottyK
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 10/06/14 at 18:43:25

Thanks that really helps!  

I hope to get it all together in the next few weeks and will post a couple pictures.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print